The LWB??

blackroseivy

Hey all, I know that there have been threads on this before but I was wondering how people are getting on with theirs. How many out there are writing their own (as I am)? How many opted to have someone else do the writing? How do you organize your thoughts? Just wondering... ;)

Kiama

I'm writing a BWB - Big White Book - for the God Tarot. I'd much rather do it myself (with suggestions from my co-creator) than have anybody else do it, because myself and my co-creator know the deck better than anybody. We know the intentions and symbolism, the sources and stories...

However, it is a huge task, probably the most difficult thing I've ever done, yet also the most rewarding.

Generally, I organize my thoughts by writing a single card per day - and that day I spend researching that card (in my case, the mythology and original sources, etc) and thinking about it, before writing that section. I take the rest of the book section by section as well, and found it good practice to finish a section once it's been started - otherwise, if it's left unfinished for a number of weeks I found it difficult to return to, or had lost my train of thought with it.

Does that answer the question?

Kiama

Moonboy

I also write the LWB as I go

blackroseivy

Yeah! :D

I'm kinda doing that too - only, I have to have the cards created 1st for the rest of the thing before I do the blurbs on them, because I have 0 idea ahead of time what that card is going to be like. I like to do 1 thing at a time, really - so, I'm saving most of the 2nd half, what I haven't done, for AFTER I get the initial work done with the images.

juno-lucina

re: LWB

I am a writer first, so writing the book to accompany the Kingdom Within Tarot Deck was my primary focus...for me the problem wasn't writing the book, but shortening it into a little white booklet! Basically, I outlined the book (Major Arcana, Court Cards, Minor ARcana, Astrological Tarot, Qabalistic Tarot, Symbolic Tarot, etc), and committed to writing a minimum of two pages a day, typed, no matter what. The big book is over 400 pages long; once I finished this (which says EVERYING I wanted to say), the hardest part for me was to condense it into a booklet that relayed the essentials in as concise a formate as possible. Basically, after a short intro to the system, the LWB has the uprights and reversed meanings of each card, as well as some expanded notes on the Majors...I've gotten it down to 83 pages, and I think that's as concise as I can be and still effectively convey the meanings.

Hope this helps,
Juno

blackroseivy

Very kewl! :D

I am having trouble saying enough, really - I do write, but the problem is, with this, you either have tons of expertise or you don't. I'm not as much of a scholar as I'd like, though I do have some working basic knowledge. So, working basic knowledge is what I am conveying in my own booklet - a fairly long booklet, but NOT a huge book by any means. I think that it will complement the deck all right without being too much of a tome for the 1st-timer.