Deck of the Month Study Group??

DragonFae

Mine are the Sibilla Oracle.

1476033_10204477899880711_977974132461566579_n.jpg

Chiska

I think that a month to study the Sibilla Oracle looks great as I think that this is a great chance to also look at things like Lenormand as well.

I am just popping in with reminder that Lenormand studies must be done in the Lenormand forum and cannot reside here in Oracle Studies.

This looks like it is shaping up nicely. Do let me or Wendywu know when/if you need anything added to the indices.

Onyx

I just want to get some clarification.

So if we plan to do a general survey of oracles in the next year if we post about Lenormand then it must be confined to that sub-forum?

What about general cartomancy the would likewise have to be so restrained to that sub-forum? Then what about then our month planned for general divination practice?

Does this forum area pertain strictly to card oracles that do not fit in another catagory?

I am thankful for all the work that the moderators do so I think it will be smart to get the ground rules set before we begin so as to not break any rules and save time for them.

Onyx

Chiska

As a clarification of some forum definitions:

Oracles - any card-based, non-Lenormand divination system
Lenormand - card-based Lenormand divination system
Divination - any non-card-based divination system​

It does seem a bit compartmentalized, but in the long run, it does help keep things organized.

After reviewing your draft list, September's "other" methods would need to be housed elsewhere.

This isn't a BIG issue - a thread can exist in your main thread with links to the appropriate forum. I don't see an issue, but just wanted to let everyone know that Lenormand and non-card-based divination study groups would have to be in their respective forums.

Onyx

Chiska,

I was thinking that it would be a thing to maybe link to the others forums as well. This thread would potentially serve as a support/feedback/encouragement place for the practice as well. It would be similar potentially to the One Deck Wonder/ISD/Deck of the week or month threads that exist in other places on the network. Am I getting that right.

For instance I am looking forward to working with the Sacred Path Cards in January. I would then post those here. But in February I am looking at potentially say the Story Cubes. This would then mean that I would Post in Divination forum. Then in September if I were to use Runes then I would find that sub-forum and post there. Correct?

I am finding that the longer I live I love working with in the rules from the start way better than trying to figure out where I screwed up in the middle.

So to throw another kink for clarification. I am looking at using at using my blog again, new year, new resolution type of thing. If I connect it to this study then I need to have a link prominent in my blog that links back to the Aeclectic Homepage. (We had to do this years ago when we were working in the Personal Deck Reflection group.) Correct?

So excited to really get this going!

Onyx.

DragonFae

Wow....my head is spinning. :):):)

So I think our best course is to consider carefully each month when we start the study if the conversation needs to be in another forum area. This is not necessarily a bad thing because it may draw in others that are only interested in that particular form

People that are participating PLEASE help me remember this each month as my forgetfulness only increases with age!

Chiska

Chiska,

I was thinking that it would be a thing to maybe link to the others forums as well. This thread would potentially serve as a support/feedback/encouragement place for the practice as well. It would be similar potentially to the One Deck Wonder/ISD/Deck of the week or month threads that exist in other places on the network. Am I getting that right.

For instance I am looking forward to working with the Sacred Path Cards in January. I would then post those here. But in February I am looking at potentially say the Story Cubes. This would then mean that I would Post in Divination forum. Then in September if I were to use Runes then I would find that sub-forum and post there. Correct?

Yes! Exactly. :)

So to throw another kink for clarification. I am looking at using at using my blog again, new year, new resolution type of thing. If I connect it to this study then I need to have a link prominent in my blog that links back to the Aeclectic Homepage. (We had to do this years ago when we were working in the Personal Deck Reflection group.) Correct?

The rules are a bit tricky with blogs - but there have been some changes!
As before, one cannot post excessive links to blogs, however, occasional mention is not an issue. As an example, if you were going to blog your study, you could have a post in the thread that is a list of everybody's blogs.

A new change is that users can put their blog link in their signatures.

I don't recall the necessity of a prominent link back to the AT? I have asked the moderator team for guidance and will get back to you on that.

DragonFae

Monthly Study Guidelines

Let's iron out some details.

1. Our month study will start on the first of the month,.

2. I will post periodically activities or discussion topics to help us focus (or at least focus me, lol) ANYBODY can post an activity or discussion topic...we are all equal in the group and I encourage you to jump right in with your ideas. There are NO right or wrongs. Please Title Your Post: with January 2015 Oracle Study:________ (then any topic you wish to add)

3. In the first post of the month I will endeavor to post any links to deck indexes. I know there is one started for Medicine Cards but until I know what other animal decks people might choose to use I can't include those

4. Threads about specific cards are encouraged but know that we won't get through all cards in one month. But of course we can add to the index/knowledge base doing this. We might try having a discussion based on animal rather than specific card ...we will have to see how this unfolds...So for Example: Fox (what does each deck say about fox etc.

5. You are encouraged to use only your specific deck for readings during the month but this is not required. If you do readings they will need to be posted in the appropriate readings forum with a link included here so we can hop over and take a look at them.

6. Everyone may not be able to participate every week and that is ok. Just remember what you bring away from the study will be based on your involvement and interactions/conversations with others in the group. I for one am much more likely to remember something I have discussed with someone before I do something I just read in the book.

7. It is helpful in posting if you respond to someone's previous comments or questions first and then add your own thoughts, questions etc. Then posts seem more conversational rather than us each just saying what we think. Of course this is not required,....just an idea.

January first will be here SOON.....do you have your animal deck picked out?

Onyx

As I have mentioned, for January I am not using a animal-deck I am using the Sacred Path which is a Native American deck, by the same folks who made the Medicine cards.

The guidelines sound great and you are right it is going to start next week.

I will not be exclusive to the decks each month but they will be important and get special attention during the month. I am going to be doing daily draws for sure from the deck and readings but I am looking to add something to it to make it more fulfilling.

Onyx.