A King's Journey Tarot-What happened to it?

Aurora369

Thanks so much for the replies. I will have to keep a look out.

SunChariot

the set came with two books: one from the creator, one from the artist. It also came with a signed / numbered print.

The set was sold for $147 and the deck alone followed a week later. It then was available only for a very short time before both were unavailable.

I have wanted to sell mine for a while but the cost of the set was exensive - not sure I would ever get my money back, and if you add the fact postage from NZ is so darned expensive I never expected to have any takers.

The deck came with an extra suit of 22 cards called the suit of spirit. They did fit well with the deck once you read up on their relevance.

That was the original set. There was a reprint later that did not have all the books or poster or pouch with it, just the deck and a LWB, that was about $40.00 or so. That is the extra I have. The original with the books....I am keeping. I have the poster framed on my wall.

Babs

shadowdancer

I am not sure if there will be a re-release in the future... just my gut feeling though.

James Battersby is the artist behind this deck and I believe at the time, was a partner in the venture, not just a hired artist. Therefore it may be worth contacting the pair of them to see how the land lies with any future re-print.

Davina

daphne

I would also like to have this deck, the cards look very nice.
Hoping for a reprint!

emmsma

I recently got this deck on the trade forum. I didn't know there were books for it. Anybody have titles for them, so that I can begin my hunt?

That is, unless we can convince the deck's creator to make them available again.

shadowdancer

These are the two books. (Photos attached of covers, and example of content - I managed to find where I had stored them for these images. My memory is better than I thought it was...lol).

I may be wrong, but going back to a previous thread on this deck, I believe Chanel only had 20 sets printed. It really was a small run of the kit edition.

So with that in mind, you may not come across the books readily. The book by James (artist) is 95 pages, the other book which is more of an accompanying book by Chanel is 136 pages long.

Davina

eta... the books would have been a huge contributory factor to the cost of the kit due to the fact it was a small print run. The deck alone was $50 compared to the kit version which I paid $147 for, which also included an A4 signed print. I would willingly sell them for $40 but then when you add postage from NZ? (Which costs an arm, leg and newborn) it is just so ridiculously prohibitive. There is an error in the book - No Devil card, but I was sent an emailed copy of what should have been in the book which can be printed out and added easily enough.

Suffice to say I love the deck but so regret buying this. I had no idea the deck alone was going to be made available just days after the kit had been shipped out and I did feel somewhat cheated at the time. Water under the bridge now, but I felt very misled into buying the kit, believing that was the only edition that was going to be available.

Attachments

• IMG_9889.jpg
    IMG_9889.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_9888.jpg
    IMG_9888.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_9885.jpg
    IMG_9885.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 124

BeyondtheVeil

I recently got this deck on the trade forum. I didn't know there were books for it. Anybody have titles for them, so that I can begin my hunt?

That is, unless we can convince the deck's creator to make them available again.

Yes, I would definitely love to get a copy of the companion book also.:thumbsup: Too bad they aren't republishing the deck. I think they could definitely sell them. That deck just looks amazing! I can't wait to get it. I am just over the moon!! :D

Melia

Suffice to say I love the deck but so regret buying this. I had no idea the deck alone was going to be made available just days after the kit had been shipped out and I did feel somewhat cheated at the time. Water under the bridge now, but I felt very misled into buying the kit, believing that was the only edition that was going to be available.

You know I really like this deck a lot, but the price was too much for what I normally would pay, and when the 2nd print run came around I had other financial commitments. It's a lovely deck shadowdancer ... and you have the books with your deck as well. I'm surprised to hear you want to sell your set if you love it.

---

@BeyondtheVeil, that was nice of SunChariot to release her spare deck to you!

Sulis

Moderator note

Hi folks,

Please remember that trades and sales need to happen in Tarot Trading.

Thanks for understanding.

Sulis - moderator

BeyondtheVeil

Hi folks,

Please remember that trades and sales need to happen in Tarot Trading.

Thanks for understanding.

Sulis - moderator

Yes, Sulis! Sorry :heart:.. we just got carried away and so excited! I honestly didn't know that I would be so lucky.

I did start a Trade Thread though. :thumbsup:

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil