The Revised New Art Tarot by J.A. Knapp and Manly P. Hall

nicky

I just emailed them to say I am not buying one unless they change the link to go direct to paypal, as the whole point of that is NOT having to put card details in on a site we don't know. We shall see.....

(I do have their 1981 reprint, so I will easily get over the sorrow :D)

You are the wind beneath my wings

rwcarter

Backs comparison from left to right:

Purple tuckbox version (original I believe)
1981 reprint
USG version

So any reference to non-reversible backs must be to the 1981 Philosophical Research Society reprint.

Attachments

• Backs Comparison.jpg
    Backs Comparison.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 159

Debra

Er--Rodney, the original and the US Games versions are mirrored top to bottom, but not left to right, and thus not "reversible." Try it :heart:

rwcarter

Er--Rodney, the original and the US Games versions are mirrored top to bottom, but not left to right, and thus not "reversible." Try it :heart:
:| Silly me. I was only looking at the column of words with the sphinx top and bottom and not at the flanking columns. :|

(Pulls everything out again and compares apples to apples.) So the USG reprint has flipped the columns of flanking figures and stella(?) from the original version as shown in my earlier attachment. (I was wondering if maybe I had scanned a pip upside down.) See what happens when you don't care about reversible backs! :laugh: So the comment about non-reversible backs could pertain to any of the earlier editions.

Rodney

Rhinemaiden

Received my deck today, one week from the day I ordered it. Super speedy shipping, well packed in a bubblelined bag.

Sturdy two part box, 58 page LWB, shrink wrapped deck. Cards measure 2-3/4 inches wide by 4-1/2 inches deep. Rounded corners, coated stock, reversible mandala back.

Not having owned this deck previously, I can't say how it compares to older editions. I can say I'm very pleased to have this deck as part of my tarot collection. :thumbsup:

Annabelle

Well, my collecting urge won out, and despite being annoyed by the ordering system, I went ahead and ordered a copy this evening. Yes, I had to put in my credit card information before I could get to the Paypal page, which is super-annoying.

But the deck sounds nice, and I really want a copy :).

gregory

I am still trying to buy this WITHOUT putting in my credit card details. I have just asked for a paypal invoice.

Because what IS the point of paypal if sites try and get your details anyway ? Sure they are likely OK, but it's the PRINCIPLE !

Actually though come to think - I do have the card I lost (in the house; I found it after !) and had to replace. I wonder what would happen if...

ETA Actually I decided to simply use the card I use for paypal on the grounds that I've always said any trouble and I will close it.

Site no worky :( It's in a constant circle. I'll try another browser...

gregory

Well wow. I threw a tantrum by email and he is going to send me a paypal invoice ! REEEEsult ! :D

gregory

He did; I now have it. The backs are truly vile, but the card quality is good, and the lift-top box is great.