Seven Stars' Samhain Deck of the Dead

seven stars

So does Deck of the Dead have a mini/pocket version or is this the Bridge size you're referring to here? I always find the size issue a bit complicated (as one who never really knows the difference between Poker and Bridge size. I research it and then forget.)

If I can just affirm - the large Deck of the Dead is just breathtaking. But I suppose a mini would be "Elizabethan miniature" style...

I was really afraid the bridge size would be too small - not enough detail, but I love the lil bugger....but since there are 80 cards they didn't fit in the plastic cases that most bridge size come in. They come shrink wrapped like the tarot size. I made a lenormand size pouch, though, & they do squeeze into it. Bridge size is smaller than poker size - bridge size is 2.25 x 3.5. Apparently some people are able to use two sizes in tandem with each other - at least for Lenormand (Moongypsy....) but I'm thinking of working with Tarot in both sizes as well - if someone already has some interesting spreads they've created using large & small decks I'd love to see them. Maybe use the larger deck to address a larger issue with a tandem smaller side issue....I get questions like that ALL the time....

EyeAmEye

Just saw this thread yesterday. You've made a new fan!!! Immediately ordered the large size deck!

MoonGypsy

I was really afraid the bridge size would be too small - not enough detail, but I love the lil bugger....but since there are 80 cards they didn't fit in the plastic cases that most bridge size come in. They come shrink wrapped like the tarot size. I made a lenormand size pouch, though, & they do squeeze into it. time....

Weeeeeel, i tried to squeeze my Bridge sized deck into one of the zippered Lenormand
sized pouches...and it's a no go. i don't suggest trying it, as even if it could somehow be
squeezed into it, it would be hard on the edges. i didn't try to "force" the issue.;).
i suggest using one of seven's zippered Tarot sized pouches for the Bridge sized deck. Wrapping it first in a cloth like silk or cotton.

Pam O

you guys are making me blush!!!!! geeez!!!!! Where is an art historian when you need one to put me back in my place?

I'm doin a *thing*.....was going to send out emails today at some point....I'm hoping to get people interested in gifting the deck so I'm doin a thing on the website where if you buy one you get the 2nd one half price, for the tarot & large size. The bridge size, I can do the same thing if you get 3 decks, the 2nd & 3rd are half price.

I also made the Samhain DOB II in bridge size, it's not on the website yet....after seeing the Deck of the Dead in lil bitty cards it was just so freakin cute I wanted to make more of the decks little pocket versions.

Thank you for the kind words!

I am SO thrilled to have experienced SevenStars decks. For me, her decks are similar to a Magic Realist Press addiction... You stumble onto one SevenStars deck, and you want EVERYTHING she has every made. The pouches are great. Choose ANY design, or give her custom art, and your pouch is uniquely yours. So cool. And you get 2 pictures on the pouch if you want. I did a custom back on one deck, so that was one side on the pouch. Then I chose a favorite card in the deck, and that was the other pouch side. Now every SevenStars deck has its own pouch, just like MRP decks and bags. What an addiction! So fun!!!!!!

....and the mat I talked myself into buying with Deck of the Dead is incredibly awesome. I don't know how to describe it other than say I want another. I am imaging a big black background with a gorgeous red rose in bud with the flower is just beginning to open....
Seven, maybe you can do an incentive for people to try your mats? Maybe an add on special when people buy decks?

It was a posting here from Fliz who sparked me to order my first SevenStars deck. Now I am SO sucked in... and so loving her stuff!!!

And the whole reason I clicked to post, I want the Samhain DOB II in bridge size NOW!! That is the deck that started my SevenStars deck buying mad addiction!!! }) That will be a great size to carry around. I just had a hair appointment Tuesday and that was the deck she chose to get her reading while my highlights were processing.

MoonGypsy

Great Post, Pam!

i have been addicted to Seven's stuff since January, 2013...
That was when i received my first of many, many...:p
They are completely irresistible to me...:)

Aeric

This deck just might tempt me out of lockdown....grr....I have to beat Enablor the Demon off with a stick again.

FLizarraga

I am SO thrilled to have experienced SevenStars decks. For me, her decks are similar to a Magic Realist Press addiction...

Oh YES.

It was a posting here from Fliz who sparked me to order my first SevenStars deck. Now I am SO sucked in... and so loving her stuff!!!

Always glad to help and enable, Pat... })

....and the mat I talked myself into buying with Deck of the Dead is incredibly awesome. I don't know how to describe it other than say I want another. I am imaging a big black background with a gorgeous red rose in bud with the flower is just beginning to open....

NOOOOOOOO! What have you DONE to me??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

<runs shrieking out of the room and goes on to hide credit cards where they cannot be found, ever>

Pam O

Oh YES.

Always glad to help and enable, Pam... })

NOOOOOOOO! What have you DONE to me??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

<runs shrieking out of the room and goes on to hide credit cards where they cannot be found, ever>

})
Deprive yourself of this amazing mat that is truly like nothing you have ever experienced??? .....well if you must...

The Happy Squirrel

Because of this thread, I ordered a deck. LARGE.

:D

HuskyChariot

OK, looks like Deck of the Dead will be my Seven Stars' clincher :heart:

I've got three other decks on their way atm... so won't be able to get it for a little while... but I have a feeling that when I get this one in my hot little hands, a new addiction will have begun!