The Illuminated Tarot - Carol Herzer

mary ventura

The deck doesn't feel flimsy at all, even though each individual card seems very "bend-y". The deck feels soft and yielding in the hand, but not in a wimpy way . . . it shuffles well, with a nice snap. It doesn't feel fragile at all; there's no feeling that the cards will get bent or damaged as you handle them. I have all 3 sizes, and just ordered another medium one, double-painted. I don't feel at all like I have to "be careful" as I handle them.

Mary V

Anam Cara

jeseryn said:
I received my samples in the mail yesterday. Love the sparkly medium. I think it really adds a lot of movement and magic to the cards. I am interested in buying a deck but it's over a hundred bucks and the card stock is basically paper. Very thin and this was printed on a home printer is my guess (I work in graphic design) then laminated. Is it easy to shuffle? It is gorgeous but seems flimsy. How does the entire deck feel in the hand? Similiar to others?
jeseryn, I can see how you might think the card stock too thin, but really, it's not!! Probably, looking at just a few cards together, they might seem too thin...but as a deck, the cards seem sturdier...and it shuffles like a dream! Probably one of my easiest decks to shuffle! I have the medium but, from what I've read, the other sizes are equally flexible and durable.

I think that's one reason why I was SO surprised and delighted when I
realized I could almost see THROUGH them!! They really don't seem too
thin, so I was amazed to see the light shining through...it was like a gift!

I plan to study the Illuminated as much as possible from now on during sunrise
and sunset hours...the cards shimmer with their own and the sun's energy...
They may be pricey, but you're truly adopting a deck of art!
:heart:cara

Sulis

Hi jeseryn,

I just want to echo anam_chara's words here; if you're worried about the cardstock, don't be, it's lovely. Not too thick but not too thin either and snappy. I've used this deck exclusively since I got it for my birthday in June and I can see me using it for the foreseeable future..

It feels special and the auras around the figures make it a magical reading deck. Mine has no iridescent colours added but it still glows and sparkles.

Aerin

*Edited to say: Have had a pm that helps explain why this delay may be, but still if anyone can give me info on how long their orders took/ are taking I would appreciate it.*

I'm getting jumpy because I ordered mine via PayPal back in June and after the initial flurry of colour/ card choices haven't heard anything since.

I e-mailed Carol a couple of times since to let her know when I would be away/ and then back from hol but haven't had any replies. I know that e-mail was working fine between us in June but does anyone know if she is away? Ill? Out of contact for some reason?

I don't want to nag her but I am a bit worried that I haven't succeeded in an e-mail reply. I sort of expected an update on progress before now.... originally she said she would try and get the decks done in time for my holiday and that was start of August.

I'm sure it will be fine but I wanted to check with others to see how long your decks have taken and whether you are in contact with her at the moment. I could write but it's uk-US and so isn't really a useful option if I can get the e-mail contact again.

Aerin

mary ventura

I just got an email from her yesterday so I know she's around. Are you sure you have her right email addy? I use the one that's on her website. My orders from her usually take a few weeks. I wouldn't worry about nagging -- just shoot her an email asking how your deck is coming along.

Mary V

Pandora MoonRaven

I also recieved this for my birthday. I agree with Sulis and others, it is thin but not flimsy. Also the $$ is a lot but it is handpainted and a lot of power and love went into it. When I received the cards the energy on them just felt very good, they are slightly different from deck to deck and they made me feel very peaceful. Mine is double painted and she said she founded a new purple which is my signature color. I could not speak more high of this deck. I don't think you will be disappointed. I will read with it when I am done just sitting and staring at it. :eek:)

Sulis said:
Hi jeseryn,

I just want to echo anam_chara's words here; if you're worried about the cardstock, don't be, it's lovely. Not too thick but not too thin either and snappy. I've used this deck exclusively since I got it for my birthday in June and I can see me using it for the foreseeable future..

It feels special and the auras around the figures make it a magical reading deck. Mine has no iridescent colours added but it still glows and sparkles.

Loloswords

The Illuminated Tarot

Does anyone have multiple versions of Carol's decks and care to share their experience working with the variations? I'm particularly drawn to the Crystal Fire deck and the Elemental Visions. Thanks!

banbha

Does anyone have multiple versions of Carol's decks and care to share their experience working with the variations? I'm particularly drawn to the Crystal Fire deck and the Elemental Visions. Thanks!

I have the large borderless Starlight and a pocket sized Elemental Visions. I love them both. I'm new to both too, so I haven't had a lot of time with them.

I love the color themes in the Elemental Visions, highlighting the elements enhances my intuitive readings both as individual cards and in a group. I especially love pentacles (green) and cups (pink).

For me, the borderless Starlight is the most beautiful, including the backs. I think if you want a RWS deck you can't go wrong with any of these beautiful decks.

agviz

I have the medium Starlight Illuminated with glitter and the large original version but with hand painted florescent colors. They're both wonderfully vibrant in their own way!

If you can afford the larger size, it makes Carol's artwork all the more enjoyable. Carol said that when reading for others, they seem to enjoy the large size more. I can easily imagine that being true when you're trying to project the meaning of the cards across a table. Having said that, the medium is by no means too small to read with, especially if you're reading just for yourself.

The best I can tell is that they're both of the same card stock, which seems very durable thanks to the lamination.