Have you created your own oracle?

celticnoodle

I haven't yet created my own oracle or tarot deck--but I purchased the blank cards to do so many years ago! :laugh: I've always been wanting to do this, but then I draw a blank as to what to do. I think now if I do create it, it will be an oracle and not tarot.

The Oracle of Toy Classics is great! That was a great idea! :thumbsup: I have seen the Chakra Lenormand before & I like the artwork in that deck too. Simple pictures--so you get the idea immediately what the card is--its not busy. That in Lenormand is important to me. Plus the colors are soft. Very comforting. The best cloud card I think I've seen in a Lenormand deck. Oftentimes, the cloud card will have mountains in the background, or a ship and I have to take a good hard look at it to make sure it IS the cloud card and not the ship card or mountain card. So that was WELL done! :thumbsup:

The Snapshot Oracle is also well done! I love how SpiritOfTheDogz used photographs for the cards. I had thought of that for my own Lenormand deck, but so far haven't done anything with that idea. My husband has made a wooden heron-life size and painted it and it sits on our property in the garden. I was going to use that for the stork since I want "my" deck to be pictures taken by me. But, again--that project has yet to even get started.

We have quite a few talented people here in A.T. who have created their own decks. Linnie with her "AHA" Oracle deck and BodhiSeeds deck, "Elements of Recovery". Both of these are new additions to my collection. There are other decks too done by our A.T. family/friends that I haven't named here--and as there are so many of these very creative and wonderful people--I will just leave it at that. I am in awe of their talent!

reall

I haven't yet created my own oracle or tarot deck--but I purchased the blank cards to do so many years ago! :laugh: I've always been wanting to do this, but then I draw a blank as to what to do. I think now if I do create it, it will be an oracle and not tarot.

The Oracle of Toy Classics is great! That was a great idea! :thumbsup: I have seen the Chakra Lenormand before & I like the artwork in that deck too. Simple pictures--so you get the idea immediately what the card is--its not busy. That in Lenormand is important to me. Plus the colors are soft. Very comforting. The best cloud card I think I've seen in a Lenormand deck. Oftentimes, the cloud card will have mountains in the background, or a ship and I have to take a good hard look at it to make sure it IS the cloud card and not the ship card or mountain card. So that was WELL done! :thumbsup:

The Snapshot Oracle is also well done! I love how SpiritOfTheDogz used photographs for the cards. I had thought of that for my own Lenormand deck, but so far haven't done anything with that idea. My husband has made a wooden heron-life size and painted it and it sits on our property in the garden. I was going to use that for the stork since I want "my" deck to be pictures taken by me. But, again--that project has yet to even get started.

We have quite a few talented people here in A.T. who have created their own decks. Linnie with her "AHA" Oracle deck and BodhiSeeds deck, "Elements of Recovery". Both of these are new additions to my collection. There are other decks too done by our A.T. family/friends that I haven't named here--and as there are so many of these very creative and wonderful people--I will just leave it at that. I am in awe of their talent!

oh! thank you! alwys happy to hear people got my idea!^^ :)
point of Oracle deck is EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE!:D whatever works for you try it and learn so much in the process!^^ lolz

@Ace, mmm luv that idea!^^ now I wish we someone created Candy Oracle deck!^^ lolz ;))

Donna Huntriss

Created my own Oracle deck 2017

I have finally got a publisher that people can buy my Oracle decks (MPC). It was a long process as finding the right media and being happy with the cards design and packaging. I have had recent sales and really good feedback which means that the cards are useful and are hitting the right 'notes'.

I found that my Druid Deck is different to other Decks as it involves more thank one method or discipline (Runes/Oghams/Geomancy). Sometimes combining other related content works.

I have had good feedback on my As the Crow Flies Oracle. It took me about three years or so to get it to the right format as I had illustrated and written all the content, not to mention the guide books to go with both Decks (even though I have printed the meanings on each of the cards so no guide book is needed, but is available for those who want further reading info etc.

I hope this has been helpful?

Donna

Gwynydd

I truly believe that ANYTHING can be an oracle if you want it to be.

To prove it, I do "Valentine Candy Heart" readings in February, when I can get candy hearts.

I decide what the color means (green would be jealousy, white, being realistic, yellow is joy, purple is passion, blue sadness, wherever.) and read and interpret the message. it is fun to add as an extra treat on a tarot reading at that time of year.

Also: after discussing this idea with a friend, we did Chocolate readings at Science fiction convention one year. We each created M&M readings (I used my horoscope spread to spread them and then read the colors) and I successfully scryed on a broken chocolate bar. We had a great time!

barb

I love your work šŸ˜„ā¤

Dogs&Coffee

oh! thank you! alwys happy to hear people got my idea!^^ :)
point of Oracle deck is EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE!:D whatever works for you try it and learn so much in the process!^^ lolz

@Ace, mmm luv that idea!^^ now I wish we someone created Candy Oracle deck!^^ lolz ;))

If this happens I demand off-season peeps be called "the poser". Peeps are for Easter and are only chicks and bunnys. Not halloween or 4th of july.

blue_fusion

I really would want to eventually create a deck with a system I devised myself.

Right now, I have finished one Lenormand (Anino Lenormand), with another one not far behind (The Gravenchase Lenormand). In getting these printed, I'll end up with a fair number of extra cards (13 cards each deck, since the decks have extra Man, Woman and Child cards, plus a title card and an "about" card), and instead of putting these 13 to waste, I turned them into free Zodiac Oracles - basically, card versions of the 12 astrological signs which people can use as a separate oracle and read using their astrological meanings. So the Gravenchase Lenormand will come with a free Gravenchase Zodiac oracle and Anino Lenormand with a free Anino Zodiac oracle.

There is also a series of Art Nouveau drawings I did based on Western and Eastern Zodiac signs which I am considering offering as a zodiac oracle deck...

I also would want to try my hand at creating an I Ching deck, but that is a bit of a daunting prospect, so I'll reserve that for the far future...