Tarot and dating sites

danieljuk

There are ethical considerations I think to consider here. Some people think it's wrong to read for 3rd parties or for someone who hasn't given their permission to be read on. I always think, how would I like it if someone was reading on me without my knowledge? that is a little creepy! why not talk to me and find out the things you want to read on? Ask the questions to my face or my message box! :cool:

So in my view I think it would be okay to do tarot (or astrology or any divination) to look at the chances of that being a good pick or have a future together. Even should I reply to this person? But I would steer away from questions like "what do they think of me?" "what are the bad things about them?" I wouldn't want to pry into their life personally, just find out if we are compatible

decan

Greetings everyone!
I have a question that might come across and somewhat bizarre for some, but anyway...)
Have you ever considered using tarot to "tap" prospect people you might date online?
In places such as Badoo, Tinder, Ok cupid, that sort of thing.
You come across with so many people, and all you see is a picture and a few data...unless you carry extensive conversations with each other (which is pretty impossible), you really don`t know who is behind the screen, or what he/she wants.
And if you are quite limited with your free time, such as myself...
Would you consider using tarot to tap them?
Let the discussion begin...lol
I never go to these kind of sites, lol.
Nevertheless the only thing I would have probably to do there, would be to pull just one card from my new Halloween Tarot to highlight the shadow side! :D (it isn't there yet, actually it is on its way, from Hong Kong I think)
I am a great pessimistic!
ETA: my deck has just arrived this morning! I'm too pessimist (maybe)!

Attached pic from the Trick or Tarot

Attachments

• Lovers.jpg
    Lovers.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 191

Julian Jaymes

I was on a dating site for a few weeks earlier this year. Met a guy, was somewhat drawn to him but really doubtful about it. My cards guided me well - not only saying that we had the potential for great love and happiness, but that there were things I wouldn't know about him for a while and that I needed to keep my head on straight.

We're completely in love and while there's things in his past that were difficult for us both to deal with, I've got things in my past that are difficult too.

Long story short, yes, I used the cards with a dating site, and I had really good results. :D

EmpyreanKnight

This looks interesting. I think I'm gonna try it. :cool3:

Farzon

Well, why not?
Sometimes before going online to search for a casual date, I simply all the cards if it will be a good idea or a waste of time.

For the first date I would rather listen to my guts though. Readings on romantic potential may follow after the first date. But I'm in a relationship, so there's not much to read on but the chances to get some hot action right now. [emoji13]

Hayyot

There are ethical considerations I think to consider here. Some people think it's wrong to read for 3rd parties or for someone who hasn't given their permission to be read on. I always think, how would I like it if someone was reading on me without my knowledge? that is a little creepy! why not talk to me and find out the things you want to read on? Ask the questions to my face or my message box! :cool:

So in my view I think it would be okay to do tarot (or astrology or any divination) to look at the chances of that being a good pick or have a future together. Even should I reply to this person? But I would steer away from questions like "what do they think of me?" "what are the bad things about them?" I wouldn't want to pry into their life personally, just find out if we are compatible

Well, anyone is different I guess. I do have some ethical issues such as the following scenario "Is my partner cheating on me"??-, that sort of thing, but not reading about others, to me that is a BIG part of Tarot. And I`m saying big, not the only part.
If there is someone reading on you, you will never find out :p
You talk about asking directly, but
you know what happens with that approach? People do lie.
Not everyone is a liar, BUT, specially on the dating arena, people do lie.
I had the guy I mentioned saying all this sweet talking, it seemed to good to be true.
The reality was that particular guy was JUST interested in getting under my pants and move on onto someone else. (We didn`t so anything together in the end)
See, there is nothing wrong with someone seeking sex just for the sake of it, BUT if you do want that, I expect you to be honest about it so I can decide wheter I accept that or not.
(which I might or might not), but be honest about it...not giving someone all the sweet talking when you know you are up to get what you want and not see that person again...is all about honesty.
That is the kind of things, among many others, where cards step in and are useful.

Shade

All the time when using OKCupid and Grindr - I used to do a three card spread before meeting someone and... then would go ahead and meet them anyway. This worked out well as indeed the times I got the 8 of Cup and 5 of Pentacles it was always a terrible time.

After that if I got a terrible card for a prospective date or hook-up I would just keep scrolling past.

Online dating apps are also a great way to find people to read tarot for. Lots of people get bored scrolling through those apps so I would often get inquiries and do a few just-for-fun readings for folks on there. It also makes a great excuse for a live meet-up.

snowmoon

hi,

i would use my tarot to read them so i can avoid people who has bad intention. you never know !

Farzon

Online dating apps are also a great way to find people to read tarot for. Lots of people get bored scrolling through those apps so I would often get inquiries and do a few just-for-fun readings for folks on there. It also makes a great excuse for a live meet-up.

Wait, what!? You're offering readings on your Grindr profile? I've never considered that possibility...

Shade

Yep, I use Tarot as my screen name and have "ask for a reading" in the details. I have had greater success with Scruff than Grindr in terms of people wanting readings. I send pics of the layout and then give my interpretation.