Best Doreen Virtue deck?

bershka

Hi everyone,

After studying tarot for a while and receiving/feelings signs from my guardian angels, I feel it's time for me to purchase oracle deck(s) from Doreen Virtue.

I love her books and they have been helping me a lot recently!

Usually, I pick decks based on gut feelings, but there are hardly any of her decks in bookstores :(

I searched through this forum and it seems like Healing With Angels and Archangel decks definitely work! Yes or no? What about Ascended Masters deck?

Other recommendations are welcomed. It would greatly help me if you can tell me how the deck helped you or not

Thansk a lot!

6 Haunted Days

Her Healing with the Fairies deck was the only one of hers I could remotely stand....it has it's charms.

bershka

6 Haunted Days said:
Her Healing with the Fairies deck was the only one of hers I could remotely stand....it has it's charms.

Thanks for answering my question.

What do you mean by having its own "charms"?

Could you please give me more details?

Aulruna

I'm not really a fan of the concept to illustrate decks with art that is already in existence. This really does curb the symbolism of the picture, or mirrors someone else's vision rather than transport the message of the author.

The deck I quite like is the Goddess Guidance, because it offers a good bandwith of deities to work with and also introduced me to some more obscure goddesses like Aeracura. If you have a good knowledge of eclectic pantheons, you can also skip the book with its quite saccharine meanings.

HearthCricket

My favourite is the Healing with the Fairies, but they all have their merits in their own way, depending on who you are most attracted to...Angels, Fairies, Masters, Goddesses. Their main focus is always positive...they are more like positive affirmation cards and working on personal goals, than an actual oracle. But they have their place and can be very useful and uplifting and give you some food for thought!

a_shikhs

My favorites are Healing With the Angels and Healing with the Fairies. They work beautifully together and individually also. I've had all of her decks as DV decks are widely available in India and have traded all of them besides these two. They connect wonderfully and are great for daily readings. :love:

6 Haunted Days

HearthCricket said:
My favourite is the Healing with the Fairies, but they all have their merits in their own way, depending on who you are most attracted to...Angels, Fairies, Masters, Goddesses. Their main focus is always positive...they are more like positive affirmation cards and working on personal goals, than an actual oracle. But they have their place and can be very useful and uplifting and give you some food for thought!

Yes that is how I use her Healing with the Fairies deck....as a affirmation card/pretty image for the day....never used as an oracle.

6 Haunted Days

bershka said:
Thanks for answering my question.

What do you mean by having its own "charms"?

Could you please give me more details?

I meant it's artwork...there are many very charming and pretty images.

As an oracle...no...it's pretty useless imo in that department. These cards are best used for like a daily affirmation or a pick me up kinda thing.

The artwork in the fairy deck is more consistent, in her other decks the images vary widely within the same deck, very widely! Many different artists do a different card....so it looks jumbled and there is no artistic flow and coherence.

For excellent, insightful oracles that deliver beautiful in-depth wisdom and guidance I would highly recommend:

The Victorian Flower Oracle
The Flower Speaks
Fairy Ring Oracle
Witches Runes

I use all these very regularly and they have been indispensible :)

bershka

Thanks a lot for all of your feedback!

I will mostly use DV's decks to communicate with my guardian angels and archangels.

I'm already using tarot as an oracle :)

I took a look at DV's decks on https://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/doreen-virtue.shtml and Archangel Oracle Cards and Ascended Masters Oracle cards caught my eye. I will give a try with Healing With The Angels

Thanks again :D

Chronata

For me, I like to have an oracle that has a nice range of positive as well as negative aspects and cards.
So most of the Doreen Virtue decks don't do anything for me.

I think I had almost all of them at one time or another though! Certainly nice pick me ups if you are having a bad day. Since traded them all away.

The one I really liked was the Goddess Guidence...I think they were called? The ones with the gold edges.

Really,one of the nicest Goddess oracles out there. Although from what I saw of the Ascended Masters, (which I never owned) that one looks decent too.