Spread for a Baby's Namesake

ficbot

I am pregnant right now and have been using the tarot cards to help me journal/process my feelings along the way. I did this spread to 'bond' with the two people we are naming the baby after, and I thought it might be a useful addition to the small-ish section on pregnancy spreads.

I laid my cards in a six-card circle, with the top half of the circle (three cards) representing the person whose name would be the baby's first name, and the bottom three representing the person whose name would be the baby's middle name. Then I put a final card in the middle to represent the summation.

Here is what each card represented:

Cards 1-3: Namesake for Baby's First Name

1- What trait of yours do you most hope the baby will inherit?
2- What trait of yours do you most hope the baby will not inherit?
3- What is your primary gift to the baby going to be?

Cards 4-6: Namesake for Baby's Middle Name

4- What trait of yours do you most hope the baby will inherit?
5- What trait of yours do you most hope the baby will not inherit?
6- What is your primary gift to the baby going to be?

Summation Card: Place in the Middle of the Circle

7- What single card most represents who the baby will be?

As you can see, there is a pattern :) So if you have two middle names, or no middle names, it should be easy to modify the spread accordingly. In my culture, it is very expected to name the baby after specific people, so this was a useful spread for me. I felt very close to my grandmother while I was doing it, and enjoyed getting to 'know' ,y husband's grandfather a little better too :)

My sample reading with it is here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=260057

Enjoy!