Missing persons' spread? Anyone has any?

Morni83

I have been into the missing persons readings lately, especially the ones that go missing mysteriously and never get found (no feedback).
I have created 2-3 spreads and have been using the Celtic Cross as well. I have noticed that Celtic Cross just showed me the fragments of the missing persons "missing situation", like "they were worried because of a romantic relationship and they traveled". So, usually I had to pull 20 more cards "to clarify" etc and I feel there could be a better way.

So does anyone do missing person's readings and did you face some problems with them or do you have any advice or a helpful spread to share?

Thank you

Hemera

This is an interesting idea. I've never done this myself but if you have a good spread or two I'd be happy to add them to our Tarot Spreads Index. I don't think we have anything for this kind of readings there yet.

augursWell

Geography is likely important

I experimented with some spreads long ago trying to use geographic locations where I had one card for each major continent but that is likely too broad for this application. But I think you would need some of the cards to somehow indicate geographic location.

Maybe...

1. When
2. North
3. East
4. South
5. West

But that's just to get the conversation started. :smoker:

Another way might be to use one card for where they were last seen.

1. LKL - Last Known Location
2. Method of transport, walking, bus taxi, etc.
3. Emotional State, were they distraught, happy, etc.
4. Physical State, were they drugged, knocked out, etc.
5. Mental State, confused, lost, suffering from mental illness, etc.
6. Current Location

Just some ideas...

Barleywine

I usually do "missing item" readings, which are most often focused on the home or the immediate surroundings, and have never tackled missing persons with tarot, only with horary astrology. But I did put together a "location" spread that might have some usefulness as long as it isn't taken too literally. I'm thinking that the general location coupled with the "story" in the pack of cards containing the significator might tell something about the circumstances.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=260481

Barleywine

I came across this thread again in a search and realized that the Missing Person spread I just created is exactly what is being asked for. It's a recent post called the "Train to Nowhere" spread in the Tarot Spreads forum.