Rainy Day Decks

EmpyreanKnight

With the coming of the rainy season, I'm beginning to think (like the others here) that the Ghosts and Spirits Tarot, with its interesting lore and stories, would just be perfect. It would be a more edifying alternative to bingeing on horror movies and slasher films, tho I think reading a huge, beautifully illustrated book of ghost stories while munching on iced grapes would be a close second.

RiverRunsDeep

With the coming of the rainy season, I'm beginning to think (like the others here) that the Ghosts and Spirits Tarot, with its interesting lore and stories, would just be perfect. It would be a more edifying alternative to bingeing on horror movies and slasher films, tho I think reading a huge, beautifully illustrated book of ghost stories while munching on iced grapes would be a close second.

Yes, Ghosts and Spirits would be perfect for a rainy day. Also, Ghost Tarot and Bohemian Gothic Tarot for their theme and mood. As others have posted, I agree that Anna K and Hudes would work well for rainy days. I think of them as "cozy" decks.

I'm completely on board with reading an illustrated book of ghost stories, but not so much the iced grapes. Maybe a gooey, grilled cheese sandwich instead.

EmpyreanKnight

Yes, Ghosts and Spirits would be perfect for a rainy day. Also, Ghost Tarot and Bohemian Gothic Tarot for their theme and mood. As others have posted, I agree that Anna K and Hudes would work well for rainy days. I think of them as "cozy" decks.

I'm completely on board with reading an illustrated book of ghost stories, but not so much the iced grapes. Maybe a gooey, grilled cheese sandwich instead.

And now I have a hankering for the Ghost Tarot lol.

That thick, rich cheese sandwich sounds amazing and I can make it fit my macros, but it's dairy. :neutral: Well, I guess I'd have it on a Sunday then.

Morwenna

I'll take the iced grapes AND the grilled cheese sandwich! And it would be a good excuse to haul out those old ghost story anthologies I picked up a few years ago...

But I digress. After reading some of the other suggestions in this thread, I realize that the Hudes and the Anna K would indeed work as rainy day decks; now to try them out on such a day! Oh, and if I were in a particularly spiritual mood, I think the Dore Bible would work nicely, especially in the winter or spring.

But I still would want my Wonderland, along with a cup of tea. :)

EmpyreanKnight

The Barbara Walker Tarot would be great for chilly, rainy nights.

It's quite a coincidence, but I just received my Barbara Walker and its companion book and it's a cold, rainy afternoon here in Manila and everything's just gosh-darn perfect. It's the start of the monsoon season, and I guess I'll be tied up with her for awhile.

lantana

We're nearing the end of our own rainy season here, and I've been using the Fountain Tarot for the past wet week. I think all the cool washed out colors and haze in the deck really matches the early summer rains.

MysticMoonlight

Tarot of Vampyres and The Bohemian Gothic are two of my favorite rainy day decks.

Totally unrelated to the two above, oddly enough, my Crystal Visions.

Trogon

What is this "rain" thing you all keep talking about? Oh! Yes, I had to Google it, but I remember now. Haven't had any of that for a while. If you happen to have a little extra, you can send it down to Arizona ... especially the Northern part where I live, I think we've already got a couple of good forest fires going.

But the conversation does make me think ahead to when our rainy season might start (hopefully) in August or September ... hopefully much sooner.

Just going off of the decks that I have, I thought of the Fantastic Menagerie Tarot because of the fun story-book images that make me think of staying home and reading when I was a kid. The Shadowscapes Tarot has that dreamy, misty quality like how it gets here after a couple of days of rain. I think either of them would be fun.

On the other hand, the gray, days with heavy afternoon rains makes me think I might want to cut through the mist and rain and my mind went to my black and white decks. Both the Light and Shadow Tarot as well as my recently purchased Hermetic Tarot would be great I think.

magicjack

I want something a little dark and spooky. Bohemian Gothic. Just like an old scary movie with thunder and lightning.

Trogon

I want something a little dark and spooky. Bohemian Gothic. Just like an old scary movie with thunder and lightning.

Yes ... I could definitely see that. A couple of other folks had mentioned that, but I forgot before I posted. :| It made me think of my [url="http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/necronomicon/]Necronomicon Tarot[/url]. Definitely a dark-looking deck.