Instances of when the tarot was wrong?

TinaV

I'm curious to find out whether the tarot really is accurate at all times. The reason I'm asking is because I have been in a rough situation for the past 3 months due to a bad breakup which has also affected my professional life. In that time, I have done multiple readings at different times while in different moods.

In the beginning, the messages I got were very clear; the tower, the hermit, the devil, 3 of swords, 5 swords. They all kept appearing, and it seemed pretty obvious that it was over. My ex would mostly appear as the hermit or as 9 of swords.

In the past few weeks, however, there has been a change. The cards that appear now concerning the situation are either kings - usually swords or wands - and 3 of cups, 6 of cups, 8 of cups.

I'm not ready to ask about reconciliation yet but what could possibly the reason for this change in cards? I'm assuming the message that these cups are sending me aren't entirely positive either, but they still look better than the hermit or the tower for my situation.

Is tarot ever wrong? Does anyone have any experiences with that?

gregory

In my own view - tarot is never "right" or "wrong".

It offers a snapshot of how things are now, and actions that can be taken to change things. Some use it for prediction, but I don't, as the future is not set in stone so....

I don't know what question you are asking, but it is never wise to keep banging on with the same question; maybe the cards are changing because it is time for you to look at something else, or adopt a different attitude. Maybe it is suggesting a new relationship. But cups aren't always all about LURVE anyway.The three can just as well suggest having fun with friends; the six being with family; the eight leaving something behind - that you are wasting energy on the past.

I think it's time for you to look forward - forget about this broken relationship; if it is ever to be repaired, now is not the time. Friends and family are the thing to enjoy at the moment.

TinaV

In my own view - tarot is never "right" or "wrong".

It offers a snapshot of how things are now, and actions that can be taken to change things. Some use it for prediction, but I don't, as the future is not set in stone so....

I don't know what question you are asking, but it is never wise to keep banging on with the same question; maybe the cards are changing because it is time for you to look at something else, or adopt a different attitude. Maybe it is suggesting a new relationship. But cups aren't always all about LURVE anyway.The three can just as well suggest having fun with friends; the six being with family; the eight leaving something behind - that you are wasting energy on the past.

I think it's time for you to look forward - forget about this broken relationship; if it is ever to be repaired, now is not the time. Friends and family are the thing to enjoy at the moment.

Thanks. That all makes sense to me. I know I need to move forward but this situation has damaged much more than just my love life. It has left me unemployed and even homeless. Luckily, I could move in with family for the time being.

gregory

Good luck ! :love:

WhiteWolfy

Has there been a change in you and how you feel about the relationship now?

I also think tarot can pick up on our own energy sometimes (when we are not in a good head space to read the cards).

Can tarot be wrong - possibly but it's can also be down to how the reader interprets the cards and that the future is not set in stone.

I think it also depends on how you read the Cup cards e.g. 3 of Cups (Friends/3rd party), 6 of Cups (the past/nostalgia) and 8 of Cups (leaving something/something missing). Just because they are cups doesn't always give the reading that "love" vibe.

I think if you do a search you may find some previous threads about this.

Just some thoughts and good luck :)

justagirl

Thanks. That all makes sense to me. I know I need to move forward but this situation has damaged much more than just my love life. It has left me unemployed and even homeless. Luckily, I could move in with family for the time being.

Tina, my heart goes out to you. In the last year I have been in a very similar situation...down to losing my job. I consulted the tarot only once regarding the relationship and it was interpreted as a soul mate connection....and it wasn't false, I just failed to realize soul mate doesn't always mean happily ever after.
Based on what you told us regarding the shift in cards, I agree that they are leading you to realize that you should move forward. That change is coming.
Your post struck a very real chord within me. I wish I had some magical words to make it easier, but I feel like you are strong and you will rise above! :)

ficbot

I forget which book it was I was reading, but I read something about how the tarot can over-rule you sometimes. They gave an example of someone who asked about a certain area of their life, and in response got a lot of love cards. It was alerting them to the fact that there was an issue there which was more important to focus on.

Ace

I am so very sorry about your situation. It sounds like the change in the cards reflect the change in your thinking about the relationship: 6 of cups is nostalgia and 8 of cups is leaving behind what is not working. And 3 of cups is having fun with friends. All of which is NOT about the relationship that WAS but about where you are NOW: out of a bad situation (no matter how happy you were, it was bad if it left you on the street when it ended) and you are looking back at how good it WAS. This is actually very healthy, IMHO.

Now is the time to stop reading about it for a while. Let you mind work and start working on forgiving yourself for being a in bad relationship with someone who stripped you bare when you left. Forgive yourself for the assumptions you made that turned out wrong. Eventually you finish for giving yourself and start looking forward, saying "Next time....." and THEN you start reading about the relationship you want next.

Good luck in the future.
barb

Sharla

In my opinion its not the tarot thats wrong, its how your reading them thats wrong.

When i first started reading tarot i always thought i had love coming, a guy to meet, etc etc, but it never happened and at the beginning of this year i went off tarot because of this same thing, i thought that the celtic cross i did for the rest of the year has not given me what it said i.e a new relationship etc etc.

It wasn't until ive become more focused into the cards that ive realized"its not them" its us that are not interpreting them properly.

You need to take a lot into account with tarot, its not just each card, but everything, like what cards are they next to etc, and how does that make them be.

Tarot cards are not read individually, tarot to me now is like an oil painting, whatever it blends into is what it makes.

And i can say now because of this realization my readings and readings i do for other people are on point.

TinaV

Has there been a change in you and how you feel about the relationship now?

I also think tarot can pick up on our own energy sometimes (when we are not in a good head space to read the cards).

Can tarot be wrong - possibly but it's can also be down to how the reader interprets the cards and that the future is not set in stone.

I think it also depends on how you read the Cup cards e.g. 3 of Cups (Friends/3rd party), 6 of Cups (the past/nostalgia) and 8 of Cups (leaving something/something missing). Just because they are cups doesn't always give the reading that "love" vibe.

I think if you do a search you may find some previous threads about this.

Just some thoughts and good luck :)

Thanks. I'm not sure if I feel differently about the relationship. I probably do. It just felt strange to see cups appear at a time where I feel less emotional about what happened.

Tina, my heart goes out to you. In the last year I have been in a very similar situation...down to losing my job. I consulted the tarot only once regarding the relationship and it was interpreted as a soul mate connection....and it wasn't false, I just failed to realize soul mate doesn't always mean happily ever after.
Based on what you told us regarding the shift in cards, I agree that they are leading you to realize that you should move forward. That change is coming.
Your post struck a very real chord within me. I wish I had some magical words to make it easier, but I feel like you are strong and you will rise above! :)

Thank you! This means a lot to me. It is definitely hard to lose your fiance, job and home overnight, especially since he never gave me a real reason for the breakup.

I forget which book it was I was reading, but I read something about how the tarot can over-rule you sometimes. They gave an example of someone who asked about a certain area of their life, and in response got a lot of love cards. It was alerting them to the fact that there was an issue there which was more important to focus on.

I'm not sure what the tarot is trying to tell me with their cups. I feel less emotional about the situation though.

I am so very sorry about your situation. It sounds like the change in the cards reflect the change in your thinking about the relationship: 6 of cups is nostalgia and 8 of cups is leaving behind what is not working. And 3 of cups is having fun with friends. All of which is NOT about the relationship that WAS but about where you are NOW: out of a bad situation (no matter how happy you were, it was bad if it left you on the street when it ended) and you are looking back at how good it WAS. This is actually very healthy, IMHO.

Now is the time to stop reading about it for a while. Let you mind work and start working on forgiving yourself for being a in bad relationship with someone who stripped you bare when you left. Forgive yourself for the assumptions you made that turned out wrong. Eventually you finish for giving yourself and start looking forward, saying "Next time....." and THEN you start reading about the relationship you want next.

Good luck in the future.
barb

Thank you! I definitely need to stop overthinking things, but it's still hard sometimes.

In my opinion its not the tarot thats wrong, its how your reading them thats wrong.

When i first started reading tarot i always thought i had love coming, a guy to meet, etc etc, but it never happened and at the beginning of this year i went off tarot because of this same thing, i thought that the celtic cross i did for the rest of the year has not given me what it said i.e a new relationship etc etc.

It wasn't until ive become more focused into the cards that ive realized"its not them" its us that are not interpreting them properly.

You need to take a lot into account with tarot, its not just each card, but everything, like what cards are they next to etc, and how does that make them be.

Tarot cards are not read individually, tarot to me now is like an oil painting, whatever it blends into is what it makes.

And i can say now because of this realization my readings and readings i do for other people are on point.

Yes, I only recently started learning card interpretations. It's funny how certain cards can get a different meaning in a reading.