TAROT OF REFLECTIONS - readability ?

ana luisa

I know, I know, readability is very subjective but I would like to see what readers feel about this particular deck. It is OOP but I found it selling at a shop nearby and may get it. I am NOT into the art but have used it at a Tarot group meeting with very insightful results... It is a bit pricey so I am gathering some opinions. :) Any fb will be most appreciated !

mrpants

If I may ask... How much is the seller asking?

rakusribut

i have it but haven't worked with it yet, bought it because i liked the art lol! so i might start on it next week, will let you know how it works for me. btw can you elaborate on the insights you got from it and how you used it in the group?
bought it online in the netherlands for around $25, the shop is still carrying it.

ana luisa

i have it but haven't worked with it yet, bought it because i liked the art lol! so i might start on it next week, will let you know how it works for me. btw can you elaborate on the insights you got from it and how you used it in the group?
bought it online in the netherlands for around $25, the shop is still carrying it.

Thank you for the feedback !!! The reading was a one-carder. We came up with a question and each reader showed their cards and read with them. All used the same card but from different decks . Mine wasn't the Tarot of Reflections but I helped her with the images and it just flowed so well ...

rakusribut

tarot of reflections - first encounter

today i started with the tarot of reflections for my daily one card drawing.
i got the queen of chalices.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rakusribut/34233215341/in/photostream/lightbox/
to me she looked a bit tired and worn, maybe because of the heavy golden crown lol
turning the card around provided a different impression
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rakusribut/33522031024/in/photostream/lightbox/
here she is bending over, reaching out, offering the cup, her head and arm radiating white light
the introduction of the lwb states that the reflections added in the cards provide an extra layer of interpretation, that will double the possible meanings and outcomes of the card and deepen the inner knowledge of the querent.
quite a promise..... let's see if this card lives up to it....
this queen of chalices is very serious and has many deep thoughts. so many and so deep that they sometimes bow her down. she is compassionate, empathic, the embodiment of inner wisdom and emotional stability. i would like to make her laugh a little bit, have some fun, to counter all that deep soulsearching.
turning the card upside down, i see a woman rather desperately wanting to share her cup, to make an emotional connection, to be able to spread her spiritual wisdom. a bit eager, a bit evangelistic. a bit manipulative too, she works with smoke and mirrors, seducing her 'target' with a halo-like white light.
conclusion/message: try to make your spiritual journey a bit lighter (you are walking the path to enLIGHTenment, remember) and don't turn it into a gospel needing converts.
also: you are right to keep clear of spiritual evangelists/growth gurus, they are the evil twins of this queen of chalices šŸ˜„ (very good advice since i just signed up for a mindfulness retreat where i will most certainly meet a couple of them....)

well, this first encounter most certainly paid off
to be continued....
oh, btw i looked up the two lines about this card in the lwb afterwards.... not worth the troubleā˜¹ļø

Metafizzypop

I have it and I like the art a lot. I get good readings out of it. Basically, it's an RWS deck. All except for the 5 of Cups. For some reason, that card has nothing to do with anything, but I digress..........

The deck is great, but the LWB is terrible. Rather than helping you understand a card, it just confuses the issue. The way it's written makes no sense.

Bur I love the deck.

rakusribut

I have it and I like the art a lot. I get good readings out of it. Basically, it's an RWS deck. All except for the 5 of Cups. For some reason, that card has nothing to do with anything, but I digress..........

The deck is great, but the LWB is terrible. Rather than helping you understand a card, it just confuses the issue. The way it's written makes no sense.

Bur I love the deck.

Please digress some more..... i looked at the 5 of cups and i don't know what to make of it either, lol! Even less when i consult the lwb, complete claptrap....

ana luisa

Please digress some more..... i looked at the 5 of cups and i don't know what to make of it either, lol! Even less when i consult the lwb, complete claptrap....

If I may, this card is really completely different from the usual 5 of cups. But to me it is quite appropriate. This lady is clearly wasting. Not necessarily money, it's just a symbol. And in her mind (reflection on top), she's growing bigger and more interesting and more popular by doing this, by going over the top. That's what she believes. However, if you check her other reflection underneath the carriage, it is being literally smashed. The basis, the main support of this lady is being destroyed by her. It is just a question of time when she realizes it. Kinda goes back to the chap looking at the spilled cups (he may have used them wrong and now shows regret). As if he were this lady's tomorrow. Does it make sense ?