copyright question / HEY KAYNE!!!

joya250

hey guys -- hey Kayne, I thought you -- or someone -- might be able to give me a little information on copyrights -- how it works and how I go about getting a copyright for my deck........ thanks in advance.

Melvis

Hey, joya!

After seeing your Star card for the F.A.C.T., I can't wait to see a whole deck by you!

I found a very useful (and easy to understand!) website called Copyright Website. It goes over everything from video to audio to digital, so hopefully the issues you're looking for will be covered there.

Good luck with your deck!

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE

kayne

Great question Joya! And thanks for the link Melvis. :)

I probably don't know as much about this as I should do... On my 21st Century Tarot I have placed a very obvious Copyright message on each card to (hopefully) prevent people from using it without my permission...

Kayne's Celtic tarot poped up all over the place on the net after putting it here and I found it really rude that people had not set up a link to my site or accredited my name as the creator of it... but I guess that is the price of putting your stuff online...

Anyone else know more about this?
~Kayne

joya250

btw Kayne -- I'm sorry to hear about people "stealing" your images. you're right -- once it's online, it can be anybody's deal. ..... sigh.

joya250

me again. okay. emailed someone over at the government --- and they actually emailed back! gasp!

the deal is -- you can copywrite your deck, once it is completed, for $30. You can send it all in a pack, along with the form you can get online (I assume), and a check.

easier than I thought!!!!!! however, even though it's copywrited... I guess you can't really enforce it.... unless, of course, you have a publishing house or something behind you, since they have more "clout."

Faerie Lin

No Right Click script for webpages

If ya'll are posting your tarot designs on a website, you can get a free script that will disable the rightclick feature. You can edit the message that will pop up to say anything you want, like "Stop it! You Big CopyCat!" lol

There are various sites to download it from for free. Here is one of them.

http://javascript.internet.com/page-details/no-right-click.html

Lin

Liliana

those things are easy to get around tho. Ive doneit beause Iwantedto sae some to my puter for looking at without having to get online and have got around it. On a non windows computer they often dont work at all.

Faerie Lin

Oh ok, well if the scripts are easy to get around then I would recommend not posting your designs until after you get them copyrighted. Too many deceitful people out there. :(

Lin

kayne

Perhaps I should take them offline... hmmm... :( Thing is, this may sound wanky but I really enjoy the encouragement I get from showing off my work and it helps keep me ontrack - inspires me to continue! Hmmm...