Book of Law Study Group 1.18

cardlady22

Is this referring to the cobra-headed circlet worn by various Egyptian figures?

Grigori

That was my first thought also CL, have been trying to remember what its called! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uraeus

Maybe the serpent can also be seen as a symbol of Hadit, or the branding of Hadit's follower's. The next line of the BoL seems to refer to Nuit, so it seems right that this one is for Hadit, the "secret serpent".

The Uraeus seems to have been a symbol of authority, so may also be a branding for the few and secret, who rule the many and the known.

cardlady22

I've browsed so many sites & articles lately that I've lost the specific reference . . . but I remember reading something about the serpent=wisdom and it sitting at the 3rd eye. Hopefully, I'll stumble across it again or someone knows the site.

Always Wondering

I get the feeling of the 8 of Wands. Like a flash burn of intuition setting off a flare adrenalin that makes my eyebrows sweat.

Edited to add. I was pondering my use of the word intuition and thinking maybe I meant instinct. But now I am thinking inspiration.

AW

Aeon418

similia said:
Maybe the serpent can also be seen as a symbol of Hadit, or the branding of Hadit's follower's. The next line of the BoL seems to refer to Nuit, so it seems right that this one is for Hadit, the "secret serpent".
[Hadit's followers? Hadit is the one that goes.]
Hadit is the "secret Serpent coiled about to spring". This identifies him with Kundalini, which seeks to rise up the spinal column to the brain. This makes me think of the Ajna chakra, located on the brow. This is sometimes referred to as the Third Eye.

o splendrous serpent!

O - Ayin - Eye.

The word Splendrous immediately makes me think of the sephira Hod and the mercurial caduceus with it's twin snakes. They remind me of Ida and Pingala that unite with Sushumna at the Ajna chakra.

Pingala - Male - Solar. Ida - Female - Lunar.
(ADM VChVH - Adam & Eve - 70 - Ayin - Eye)

Serpent in Hebrew is NChSh - 358. That's the same value as the word MShICh - Messiah, the anointed one.

o splendrous serpent!

O-S-S. Ayin, Samekh, Samekh. 190 - the mystic number of the path of Teth/Serpent.

Grigori

Aeon418 said:
[Hadit's followers? Hadit is the one that goes.]

Well then anyone following him will have to run very very fast :D

Though I didn't mean followers I guess, so much as that associated with Hadit. The snake rushing forward (like the 8 or wands) to bite and brand with its fiery poison. Thats the image I get from this. An external snake biting you between the eyes, or an internal one shooting out from between the eyes.

cardlady22

similia said:
An external snake biting you between the eyes

Ugghhh! One of my few nightmares was along these lines. Very strange. My sister was in kindergarten at the time & I dreamed that many of us were in the front yard when a poisonous snake appeared. She was buckled in her booster seat and someone suggested to put the snake in the car. Her little hand had grasped it, but just enough down the neck that it could still strike. It is quite unnerving comparing that to what she has actually experienced in her life. Prophetic?!?

Grigori

cardlady22 said:
Ugghhh! One of my few nightmares was along these lines. Very strange. My sister was in kindergarten at the time & I dreamed that many of us were in the front yard when a poisonous snake appeared. She was buckled in her booster seat and someone suggested to put the snake in the car. Her little hand had grasped it, but just enough down the neck that it could still strike. It is quite unnerving comparing that to what she has actually experienced in her life. Prophetic?!?

I've seen this as an image somewhere, can't think where though. A baby holding a snake away from itself, by the snakes neck. It reminds me a little of the GD version of the Fool, and baby with a wolf. But that image with the snake is very familar....

Thanks for the link ZenMusic, really good!