Kitchen Table Tarot

Shade

Saw a note about this one on Facebook today and I liked the description:

"Kitchen Table Tarot is a book about real life tarot reading for real people. With down and dirty advice from Melissa Cynova, this book tells it like it is."

I know others have tried to take a common sense approach to Tarot meanings and making the process a little less high falutin - some of those previous attempts for me have fallen flat but I'm intrigued to see what this one does with the concept.

Looks like it will be available next April.

https://www.amazon.com/Kitchen-Table-Tarot-Chair-Shuffle-ebook/dp/B01FOR0YJA/aeclectic/

ana luisa

Saw a note about this one on Facebook today and I liked the description:

"Kitchen Table Tarot is a book about real life tarot reading for real people. With down and dirty advice from Melissa Cynova, this book tells it like it is."

I know others have tried to take a common sense approach to Tarot meanings and making the process a little less high falutin - some of those previous attempts for me have fallen flat but I'm intrigued to see what this one does with the concept.

Looks like it will be available next April.

https://www.amazon.com/Kitchen-Table-Tarot-Chair-Shuffle-ebook/dp/B01FOR0YJA/aeclectic/

I may buy it for the practicality it is marketing but wonder if some will be put off by the cover... I know some readers dismiss the Housewives Tarot as too superficial and not complex enough (WRONG!). It's a shame we cannot peek at the contents (no "Look inside" feature)

Shade

I thought the cover was pretty attractive. There are certainly enough books on how to think about Tarot as a cosmic force for unlocking the mysteries of the universe, a more down home approach would seem welcome (and might lead to fewer people saying "Tarot doesn't do predictions, try Lenormand").

MissChiff

This looks really interesting.... I must confess...when people started to write a lot of books about tarot and life coaching... It made me a little sad... Tarot was losing its mystery...

Glennmaicha

Coming from a part of Canada where kitchens are even more of the heart of the home, I appreciate the image of providing counsel and divination to friends over a cup of tea at the kitchen table. I wish I were confident enough to offer such a service to my own friends (and that I had more friends open to the idea).

I'll have to keep an eye out for this book. While the spiritual aspects of tarot are always very interesting, I like practical advice too.

staticfuzz

Now that this book is out I'm wondering if anyone here has had the chance to peruse it yet.

Frindle

I've read it , and thoroughly enjoyed it! My review will be up on my blog today.
It's really geared towards beginners, very fresh and modern interpretations.
It's not crowded with trying to incorporate Tarot with astrology or anything else- all Tarot, all the time. And, she includes reversals.
As the title suggests, it's written as an informal teaching session. It would be great to teach beginners with.

Jadefox

I just ordered it, I am looking forward to learning from it.

Essjay

I absolutely love this book. It's refreshing and informative - I really wish it was around when I started reading. It's got plenty in there to interest the advanced reader too. All round amazing book, I really recommend it :)

Scarlet Air

Looks like it's by the same person who writes the Little Fox Tarot blog. I'm not looking to buy books aimed at beginners but if the writing style is the same as on her blog then maybe I should pick it up.