Navigators Tarot of the Mystic SEA - Destiny (Justice)

rwcarter

Anyone know what the skeletal heads on either side of the heart in the Destiny card are supposed to represent? I looked through the companion book and don't see any mention of those two skulls. They appear to have strings attached to the bottom of them, so I think they're supposed to be balloons. The one on the left appears to be smiling, while the one on the right seems sad. The appear to be at the same level on the card, so neither is more prominent than the other. The only thing I can think of is that they're another example of the equilibrium that the card is all about.

Rodney

tantricknite

I'm not familiar with the deck but maybe it's refering to the astrological attribution Gemeni....

rwcarter

tantricknite said:
I'm not familiar with the deck but maybe it's refering to the astrological attribution Gemeni....
Hey tantricknite,

Good try, but Destiny is associated with Libra in this deck.

Thanks though,
Rodney

brenmck

I'm seeing them as masks, rather than skulls, like the classic symbols for drama or the theatre - the tragic mask and the comic mask. It fits the "equilibrium" notion of the card, too.

~B~

rwcarter

brenmck said:
I'm seeing them as masks, rather than skulls, like the classic symbols for drama or the theatre - the tragic mask and the comic mask. It fits the "equilibrium" notion of the card, too.

~B~
Hi brenmck,

Thanks. I was originally thinking it might be her take on comedy and tragedy (although for the life of me I couldn't remember the terms comedy and tragedy when I first posted!). But why the strings? Whether they're skulls or masks, the strings still make me think they're balloons. But I'm glad you confirmed my theory that they're another representation of the equilibrium that the card speaks about.

Rodney

Anne_23

I would interpret the strings as attachements. The card speaks of polarity and transcendence above. In conscious life, we create judgements if something/someone is good/bad, sad/happy, etc. When we enlighten we realize that there is no polarity, and thus, no attachment to an ideal or outcome. If they are balloons, it could represent that raised expectation or hope based on that judgement. If masks, then based on a psychological perspective, it would symbolize the persona we adopt based on conditioning based in polarity which is natural for most people. But in an enlightened state, we rise above judgements and realize infinite potential rather than living based on conditioning and masks.