The "Discover Yourself" Spread

Lynny

The "Discover Yourself" Spread, for lack of a better name.

This is my first spread that I have made, and I am a bit scared to post it. I have used it with a friend and it seemed to be quite accurate, and helped my friend to get more answers about himself.

This spread can be used to see how and why some parts of your life are the way they are, and how they affect eachother.

*************3***********
*************2***********
*******10********11*****
**9**8*******1******4**5
*******13********12*****
*************6***********
*************7***********

1. Represents you as a whole (this card can be chosen)
2. How are you spending your energy and passion.
3. Why you are spending your energy and passion that way.
4. How you are in the material world.
5. Why you are that way in the material world.
6. How are you thinking and communicating.
7. Why you are thinking and communicating that way.
8. How you are feeling.
9. Why you are feeling that way.
10. How your emotions and passions affect eachother.
11. How your passion and how you are in the material world affect eachother.
12. How your thinking and how you are in the material world affect eachother.
13. How your thinking and emotions affect eachother.

Order doesnt really matter, I guess, except that the "why" cards should be read after their respective "how" cards. It would just make more sense that way, I think. Anyways, feedback would be most welcome. =]

autumnsdaughter

Wow. I just did this spread, and ouch! Heh, no room to hide in this spread- it laid me out bare!

Really would be good to use to identify how you are holding yourself back.

ETA: I just posted my reading in my blog- click my website button to read...

Lynny

Checked your blog. Odd thing is, this spread showed my friend more than a bit of negative about himself as well, though with the why cards, he was able to see a fix, I think. I hope this spread helped in even the tiniest way. >_<

I like how you used the last 4 cards as "results", and the wording on the 2 that include material behavior. This is better wording than I could have come up with, hehe. Maybe I shall alter the spread a bit in that way, but I want to see what others think as well. If I do alter it, would you mind if I used your wording?

autumnsdaughter

Hey Lynny- the spread was helpful- because it showed the reason for all the negative stuff, it helped me to figure out how to fix it. Also, those last 4 cards were really, really helpful... and though I phrased it a bit differently, I think we're both getting at the same thing.

If you decide you like my phrasing, it's yours! :D Thank you for such a great spread- it's going to go into my collection.

tabi

I rather like the spread and will probably doing a reading for myself in the next two days. :) I'll let you know how it goes.

Ais

What a fantastic spread, I'm tempted to do it right now even though I don't really have the time! I get so excited about spreads that fascinate me I can barely keep my hands away from the deck :p I'll refrain right now though and save it for later when I have the time. Thanks for posting this! :)

Chiska

Great spread! I am going to give this a go and see what happens. It looks like it would be great for a quarterly type read - helps to see what is going on and if any progress has been made to those area which a person is trying to improve.

HoneyBea

Lynny this looks to be a very interesting spread, I think I will give it a go and see how it reads :)

moderndayruth

Awesome spread! I did it with my PDR deck, Stained Glass Tarot. ;)

tabi

Okay so I just sat down and did this spread for myself, I have to say that it was amazing, harsh but amazing. Great job Lynny!!! :) :thumbsup:

Am going to go post in Your Reading section that way others can see it. You can read it here.