Show your Playing Cards!

Madrigal

Thanks, Padma. It's nice to share the playing card love with fellow/sister enthusiasts ;)

And btw in a moment of poetic truth I read your sentence as, "I feel a new condition coming upon me" lol :joke:

Madrigal

Staaaaap :p

Are those the Piatnik Astronomical cards? Repro of a 17th century deck?

Well, I did suggest you avert your eyes ;)

Yes, a Piatnik repro. Here's some info::

From the cards known as "Hodges Astronomical" which were first produced in 1827. They were the last, hand engraved, hand colored cards in England. A special characterisitc of the cards are the suit signs in red, blue, orange and green corresponding to the four seasons personified as Aces.

Some of the numerals represent constellations of the zodiac. The court-cards show Greek gods or fantastic animals.

It goes on a bit but that's the gist of it.

Padma

Where did you get it, Madrigal...? It may assist my "poetic condition" to know! :laugh:

1Eleven

well, this is going to get expensive... Thanks for sharing!

Morwenna

Want want want want want!!! :heart:

Madrigal

Where did you get it, Madrigal...? It may assist my "poetic condition" to know! :laugh:

Alida.

None of the decks I've posted are particularly pricey but they do add up ;)

Morwenna

Hey, all you Halloween lovers out there:

There is a playing card deck called Arcanum; it's made with fancy pips on a black background, and all the court cards are skeletons, and on all the aces the major symbol is made up of one or more skulls plus decoration. I'm not generally one for skulls, but for the occasion this deck is perfect! :D

Madrigal

Hey, all you Halloween lovers out there:

There is a playing card deck called Arcanum; it's made with fancy pips on a black background, and all the court cards are skeletons, and on all the aces the major symbol is made up of one or more skulls plus decoration. I'm not generally one for skulls, but for the occasion this deck is perfect! :D

I backed this. If its the one I'm thinking of. Chris Ovdiyenko's Arcana? I've been waiting on it forevah! Finally got a shipping notice last week.