Anyone know anything about this Rider deck?

Essence of Winter

The box looks very much like the purple box edition that I have but is light blue with monochrome pictures of the cards:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221676235937

It looks like it would have been released some time after the blue box edition and before the purple box but it has the same purple label on the bottom that the purple box edition has.

I am assuming that it will have been printed by A G Muller in Switzerland.

Attachments

• blue_purple.jpg
    blue_purple.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 350

gregory

It looks just horribly faded to me.

And yes - look at the bits that wouldn't have been in the sun - they are purple, like it started out.

Essence of Winter

It looks just horribly faded to me.

And yes - look at the bits that wouldn't have been in the sun - they are purple, like it started out.

Heheh - I didn't think of the possibility that it could be faded. It just looks too uniform but it's the most logical explanation.

At least it will enable me to differentiate between the purple box that is my first Rider deck; I wanted to get a backup copy but did not want to confuse the two.

Thanks PathWalker and Gregory.

gregory

Heheh - I didn't think of the possibility that it could be faded. It just looks too uniform but it's the most logical explanation.

At least it will enable me to differentiate between the purple box that is my first Rider deck; I wanted to get a backup copy but did not want to confuse the two.

Thanks PathWalker and Gregory.
I have a Cagliostro box that had spent a year in a store window. That's what made it so "obvious" to me ! (Sadly four of the cards had been in a catalogue folder for people to see, and they too are faded, but not as badly.)

Laura Borealis

Are the cards monochrome too, as they appear on the box?

Zephyros

Fading colors can react in strange ways, as some colors fade faster or differently than others. This is why the box is blue, and light purple or violet.

Chrystella

So, do you all think this is a mid-80s edition? That would overlap with the yellow box edition from U.S. Games.

gregory

I have it and for some reason that I don't now know what it was, I have recorded it as a 1987 printing. It says on it Rider - and a listing on line for it says Random House - which Rider was by that time a part of.

Essence of Winter

So, do you all think this is a mid-80s edition? That would overlap with the yellow box edition from U.S. Games.

I bought my purple box edition new in England in 1993.