Which house to use for relocation ?

Sharla

Ive cast a chart about a potential move to a different city....now i'm not sure if i should be using the 4th house or the 9th for this question.

I'm thinking 4th house as it's to do with home/house etc, and 9th as its to do with long distance travel etc......or should i even use both ?

Does anybody know ?

CosmicBeing

4th house for present place of living.

7th house for new city/new place of residence.

Now if it's an international move...I am not sure if that changes houses. I don't think so.

Sharla

Now if it's an international move...I am not sure if that changes houses. I don't think so.

7th is it ? You sure you said 7th ?? Never known 7th to be regarding a move.

If it is then thanks, i never knew this. :)

Also what else could the 6th house mean, as in the chart my significator is in the 6th house, and from the meanings i have for the 6th house being...illness, health, daily work, daily routines, pets, injuries, hygiene, .....i can't understand why im placed here.

CosmicBeing

7th is it ? You sure you said 7th ?? Never known 7th to be regarding a move.

This is from frawley's method. There might be another method that I am unsure of...but if it is international moving I am not sure if that would change.

If it is then thanks, i never knew this. :)

Also what else could the 6th house mean, as in the chart my significator is in the 6th house, and from the meanings i have for the 6th house being...illness, health, daily work, daily routines, pets, injuries, hygiene, .....i can't understand why im placed here.

6th house is considered house of misfortune.....from the 5th house it can indicate earnings from 5th house matter

It could just be a sign that you won't be able to move in the time you wish to move. Some misfortune will come up.

6th house can be a house that also deals with debts too...so it could be you won't be able to finance the move in the time the horary chart can predict an event.

You might come down with a bad cold and it some how interferes with you moving.

I wouldn't really be able to come to a full conclusion why you are in 6th house...4th house and 7th house lord strengths might explain why you are in 6th house. If the 7th house isn't doing so peachy or the 4th house isn't doing so peachy it may explain why you sit in 6th house.

6th house is also 12th from 7th....12th house is losses and expenses.

Minderwiz

Not quite....

CosmicBeing said:
This is from frawley's method. There might be another method that I am unsure of...but if it is international moving I am not sure if that would change.

Actually it isn't quite Frawley's method.

Frawley gives the current location - where I am now - to the First House and the potential new location - where I'm thinking of moving to - to the Seventh. He cites this as the basis for any question on choosing between two alternatives.

The use of the fourth for where I am now and the seventh for the new location is based on turning the chart. The seventh is the fourth house from the fourth. I've seen this used on one or two websites but I don't think this is sound reasoning. Let me explain why.

If I have two sisters and ask a question about their attitude to something, using the third house for sister 1 and the third from the third, the fifth, for sister 2 makes sense because the fifth signifies my sister's sister.

But the fourth from the fourth does not signify my potential new home. it might signify the land that comes with my home, or the land that I'm thinking of buying to add to my home.

Coming back to Frawley. His method is reasonably sound. It is a simplified version of a very old way of answering this question of 'Should I stay or should I go?' and that method originated, as far as we know, with Sahl ibn Bishar.

Using Bonatti's version of Sahl's method, there are three possible stages:

Stage 1: Look at the Moon and see what planet it's separating from, if that planet is a malefic, then it's better to move to the new place. If that planet is a benefic, then it's better to stay. Sahl modifies this to allow for a separation by trine or sextile from malefics where there is reception and the malefic is is oriental, direct and strong and movement to a benefic that is impeded, by square or opposition and there is no reception, then it's better not to do what you want to do, even if it is for good. He then says that if the Moon is separating from such a benefic and moving to such a malefic then it is better to move.

Stage 2: If there's a business deal involved, such as buying a new house, then look at the Lord of the Ascendant. If it is separating from malefics and moving to benfics, then the answer is go and buy the property. If the Lord of the Ascendant is separating from benefics and moving to malefics then the advice is don't touch the deal. If the condition of Lord 7 is better than that of Lord 1 then it's better to move and do the deal. (This is the bit that Frawley uses)

Stage 3: If the balance between Lord 1 and Lord 7 is such that you can't make a decision, then take the degree of the Ascendant and add to it the difference in degrees between Lord 1 and Lord 7. Where that point lies, assess the condition of the Lord of the Sign and make your judgement from that planet.

Note:

Sahl only introduces Lords 1 and 7 if there's a business opportunity. The use of the first and seventh for buying and selling is well established in horary. As moves from one location to another almost certainly involve some sort of business deal - buying or renting property. Frawley's use of this section is perfectly justified.

If it's just a trip with no business connected, then Stage 1 is about as far as it goes.

Sharla

Thankyou cosmicbeing and also Minderwiz....im going to take into account what you say Minderwiz, to interpret the chart.

At first i was thinking it was a no go....but from your added information, this may change what i originally thought.

Im sure the moon is void of course here though, so maybe its not so good after all.

Here's the chart if you wanted to take a look.

https://postimg.org/image/6hpdkme6d/

Minderwiz

The chart has the Moon at 2 degrees 23 Sagittarius. It's certainly not Void of Course

Sharla

The chart has the Moon at 2 degrees 23 Sagittarius. It's certainly not Void of Course

Really :confused:.....i thought as the moon's next aspect wasn't until it reaches Neptune, so it wasn't making any aspects in the sign it's in.....there's no aspects between moon saturn/venus in sagittarius.

Thats how ive been reading a moon void of course.....so i've been doing this wrong, i guess ?

RohanMenon

Imagine the Moon moving forward through Sagittarius

Presently it is at 2 Sagittarius.
When it reaches 11 Sagittarius, it will form an exact sextile with Jupiter in 11 Libra.
Hence not VOC.

And if that is missed, a conjunction with Saturn, then Venus. Plenty of aspects before leaving the sign!

(of course you don't exact/partile aspects to avoid VOC, just using it to convey the point. Depending on the degree of orbs or moeity you use, the aspect will begin forming well before it perfects)

Sharla

Presently it is at 2 Sagittarius.
When it reaches 11 Sagittarius, it will form an exact sextile with Jupiter in 11 Libra.
Hence not VOC.

And if that is missed, a conjunction with Saturn, then Venus. Plenty of aspects before leaving the sign!

(of course you don't exact/partile aspects to avoid VOC, just using it to convey the point. Depending on the degree of orbs or moeity you use, the aspect will begin forming well before it perfects)

Thanks for replying Rohan.....but im totally confused even more now, im not seeing how the moon is aspecting with Jupiter, like you are :(

I thought the moon had already passed jupiter.....and going by aspects ive been looking at the table of planetary aspects below the chart, and this is what i've always done. That why hence i thought the moon was void of course.

I can see just by looking at the chart how a conjunction with saturn and venus would occur in the sign of sagittarius.....but then why is the table not showing this ?

Any chance you can explain a little more to help me understand.