Object in death Card

Amazon

Does anyone know what the spiraly yellow thing is in front of the young child in the Death card?

Amazon

Thankyou so much KK. My class & I have been deliberating on the "lycidas" for ages.

re-pete-a

Notice also that it is beneath the feet of the horse,it's lower than,less than,the power above it,
________

EarthBoy

Lycidas? I've never heard that word before. A bishops crook is called a crosier, not a lycidas.

Also, the photograph in the link given by kilts_knave seems to show a Russian Orthodox cleric of some sort. He's certainly not a Catholic or Anglican bishop as shown in the Rider Waite Tarot, and the object he is holding isn't a bishops staff/crosier as portrayed in the card.

firecatpickles

Ok, well then, it's a shepherd's crook.

Amazon

Death card

Sorry if this had been asked before but I was unable to find a thread on it.
I have noticed after many years there is an arrow on the back of the skeletons foot pointing up the hill, which is very pronounced after you discover it. Does this have a meaning or is it one of Pamela's quirks?
Any ideas?

I love how I keep finding things in the cards the more I teach with them.

Lavandula

Amazon said:
Sorry if this had been asked before but I was unable to find a thread on it.
I have noticed after many years there is an arrow on the back of the skeletons foot pointing up the hill, which is very pronounced after you discover it. Does this have a meaning or is it one of Pamela's quirks?
Any ideas?

I love how I keep finding things in the cards the more I teach with them.

I think that's just a spur on the back of his boot. If you could see his other foot, he'd have one there too.

Amazon

I wondered if it was a spur too... it's a weird looking one if it is?