Renaissance Tarot (Jones / Lyle) - 9 of Swords

WooMonkey

This card is much more indicative of negative thoughts than the usual RWS image. The swords are pointing right at the head rather than the heart, or hanging above. The person cannot break the cycle of repetitive painful thoughts. The book suggests that the sword pattern looks like a sunrise, and could be hopeful, but I don't see it!

Enchanted

Not really sure I see a sunrise there either! That is what bothers me, there is no light, no open window, no moon, nothing. The only thing I did notice was that, starting from the left, the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 9th sword have a kind of reflective quality. Without light there can be no reflection, so there must be light, but it is outside the card itself.

Hmmm perhaps that lends a bit more weight to that whole open up to the outside world theory.

Debra

He's not totally hemmed in. He can get out from under those swords (it'd take some contorting, but it's possible). Let's face it, it's a bad card. But it's not like ten swords sticking into your bloody dead corpse, so that's good. lol

Enchanted

Advice for 9 of swords, take up yoga? :joke:

Seriously, that's not a bad idea, certainly calms the mind! :)

Debra

lol I'm a yoga teacher! (of the "not very bendy" variety!)