Death as personal skill, asset or strength?

Butterfly1

I asked cards what skills, assets or strenghts (2 cards) i have that i should use to achieve a particular goal (or improve my chances) and asked for an advice (1 card).

I got Death for skills :). Any thoughts please?

1. I have no relevant skills?
2. Whatever i do, the outcome is out of my control, so it doesn't matter what skills i have? Death is kind of out of our control...
3. I need to change completely as my current skills or behaviour is useless?
4. Kill the idea (but in that case that should have been advice position not skills?)

I took me a lot of tome to come up with these ideas, no intuition or feelings...
The other two cards are straight forward (Queen of Wands for skills and 4 of wands as action/advice) - they don't point towards 'kill the idea'

Could it be in relation to other cards 'stop worrying and just work hard on it'?

Thank you in advance for your inputs and ideas :)

ncharge

It is very hard for people to identify what they need to let go in order to move forward and grow. It is even harder to actually give up what doesn't serve you in order to focus on the future and bringing in what will serve you. If any of this comes easily to you, then this is a skill and a gift. Could that be it?

Thirteen

An ability to know when something is over, ended and move on. A skill for finding replacements to fit into the space of what is gone. Most people want things to go on and on even if that thing is over and ended. You aren't fooled. And most people have no idea what will take the place of something lost and gone. But you do. Pretty useful skills, those.

Also, perhaps, a talent for dealing with grief and helping others deal with grief and loss?

Butterfly1

It is very hard for people to identify what they need to let go in order to move forward and grow. It is even harder to actually give up what doesn't serve you in order to focus on the future and bringing in what will serve you. If any of this comes easily to you, then this is a skill and a gift. Could that be it?

That would be, indeed, a very good explanation if that was me, but unfortunately it is not. I already failed once and I still have a feeling of loss or to dome extent sadness, a feeling that i am not able to let go, even though it doesn't serve any good purpose :(. If i got death as an advice that would be more relevant :)

But while reading different things and trying to get inspiration, it crossed my mind that Death is associated with scorpio sign, and scorpio people tend to be passionate and driven (which is more like me, for good or for bad) and is related to Queen of Wands... But i could think of many other cards that should point towards passion or action more clearly than Death :)

JMI_Tarot

The way I see The Death card is there is something there you do not see. Death takes the scales from our eyes and allows us (forces us?) to see what is really there.

I would imagine there is a skill or quality you have that you either don't see or are ignoring or maybe don't realize is a skill.

Could it be that?

IndigoWaves

A "Do or die" outlook comes to mind: being able to save up power for a final, massive push/last ditch attempt/going all in... AND bravely accepting the outcome of that effort, whatever it may be (which may very well involve letting go). Taking those Wands into account, some fiery action and clear intentions may be required; nothing "crazy" but impossible to miss or misinterpret. It's worth a shot, even if only to enable closure.

Butterfly1

Thank you Thirteen and JMI Tarot!

These are very good interpretations! I didn't think I have those skill, but maybe I do :) and I will listen to the cards and give my best to employ it :)

But i think i have the ability to see the things as they are, rather than what i want them to be, which is indeed useful!

Well, i think i got a clear picture of what Death represents as a skill :)
So, thank you once again!

CosmicTarot

Death is Pluto, which immediately made me think of the Greek Goddess Persephone (Queen of The Underworld). Pluto abducts Persephone to be his wife and female counterpart.

Take a look at this psychological overview of Persephone and see if you can relate: http://goddess-power.com/persephone.htm

They list her gifts and personality as well as her dark side. Her challenge and her task. Could you use Persephone's skills to achieve your goal?

I just have to add, it's a bit of a long shot, but I think the Death card is very deep. I'd love to find a deck that portrays the complexity of it. Rider-Waite's, even though I adore it, really just give you a feeling of an ending and not so much a transformation etc.

Butterfly1

A "Do or die" outlook comes to mind: being able to save up power for a final, massive push/last ditch attempt/going all in... AND bravely accepting the final outcome of that effort, whatever it may be (which may very well involve letting go). Taking those Wands into account, some fiery action and clear intentions may be required, even if only to enable closure.

Yes, you have a point there, and judging by all responses it appears that it is not discouraging as I initially thought! I particularly like 'bravely accepting the final outcome' :) i might be a fighter after all ;). Death is kind of the end, and it truly can be being strenght to fight until the end!

I just love all the interesting ideas i got :). And i started with nothing...

Butterfly1

Death is Pluto, which immediately made me think of the Greek Goddess Persephone (Queen of The Underworld). Pluto abducts Persephone to be his wife and female counterpart.

Take a look at this psychological overview of Persephone and see if you can relate: http://goddess-power.com/persephone.htm

They list her gifts and personality as well as her dark side. Her challenge and her task. Could you use Persephone's skills to achieve your goal?

I just have to add, it's a bit of a long shot, but I think the Death card is very deep. I'd love to find a deck that portrays the complexity of it. Rider-Waite's, even though I adore it, really just give you a feeling of an ending and not so much a transformation etc.

This was very interesting to read and can relate to some of her personality traits :|. Although i do understand connection Death - Pluto - Persephone, i am not sure that I understand why she is the goddess associated with Scorpio and Pluto (apart from the 'growth' aspect) but i am very intrigued :). I can't wait to do some more reading on the topic - it is, as i said, very interesting!

Somehow, what i can relate to appears to be too 'soft' to associate it with Scorpio or Death, so i need to understand it better. Very sympathetic, for instance, wouldn't be something that i would ever think of when seeing Death card :)