What's the highest price you've spent on a deck?

VGimlet

I don't read with my really valuable decks on a regular basis...but I have used them as my deck of the week, and some of them are on the list of decks I plan to use for a month at a time down the road. My Knapp-Hall comes to mind immediately, but I think the Felicita and/or one of my spendier Folchi decks is on it as well.

gregory

I spent $75 once, but when reading I use a used deck RWS that I bought from a tarot teacher for $3.00. How many of you are acturaly reading for others with these expensive decks? or are they part of your collection?

I read from them when I want to. But actually on the whole, I haven't found the imagery as great for reading as for looking at. The Jumbledance though - yes, absolutely.

PathWalker

Yes, I read with all of mine, the expensive, that hard to find, the 'ordinary'
I don't riffle shuffle anyway, so what's to worry about. I maybe don't take some of them about in my handbag, but I do use them.

rwcarter

How many of you are acturaly reading for others with these expensive decks? or are they part of your collection?
I paid $250 for a shrinkwrapped copy of the Garden of Priapus deck. That's become my go-to deck for the Reading with Erotic Decks (RED) exchanges.

jema

I read with all mine too.
Unless I don't like them and can't get rid of them (Cloisters *cough* )
Not using a perfectly good deck annoy me almost as much as getting those gift candles you can't actually light cause they will stink or explode or set your house on fire.
Or vases you can't actually put flowers in.

Oink

I spent somewhere between $300-400 on the Victorian Romantic Gold Edition complete set after it had gone out of print. I initially regretted the purchase a bit because I didn't end up enjoying the deck, which was a bit of a surprise considering I love many of the other Baba decks as well as other "Victorian" decks like the Victoria Regina.

I ended up trading it for a nudie Rohrig and a blue box 1986 large 3 Magus Thoth, both of which are much more my speed. Rather than thinking about that trade in a $$$ to $$$ sense, I thought of it in terms of 1 OOP/HTF deck that I wasn't into for 2 OOP/HTF decks that I was. As far as I'm concerned it was a great trade, and I hope my trading partner feels the same way. So I ended up feeling like I got my money's worth out of the VRG purchase in a roundabout way. :p

The most I've ever spent on a new deck was on the Colquhoun at $160 + shipping. I do wish they were cheaper; this is a fantastic deck and I'd love to have a backup. :)

The crowned one

Some of my antique decks have been pricey. Nothing more then $50 or $60 for 1967 and later.

pink daliha

Bought the Tarot of the Sphinx for 55 (USD) and shipping. It's OOP though. I read with it and it does very well as a reading deck. I need to use it more often though. Plus, after I bought mine, all of the available ones jumped something like 50% in price.

tarot heart

$1200 for a Pam A, and will be buried with it clutched in my dead hands

Just let us know where you are being buried :D ;) })

The Daniloff for me, I think it was about $80 give or take...