21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- step ONE

Mystical13

Step ONE: Radiant Rider-Waite Tarot, The Sun

My three cards were - The Knight of Pents, Justice and The Sun.

The sun jumped out straight away, however I was drawn to Justice as well. Nonetheless, given the sunlight feel of the Sun - thats the card i choose.

The sun - A naked child sitting happily with arms wide open on a white horse with pretty eyes. The top part of the card has a full big sun (neutral looking). There is a grey wall in the background with 4 tall sunflowers growing behind it. The child is holding a long flowing red flag in its left hand. The child is wearing a crown of yellow flowers and a red feather. The sky is clear and blue.

Devin

21 Ways to Read Tarot - Step 1

Tarot of Vampyres - Four of Grails

I chose this card over the other two I pulled because it keeps appearing for me on single-card draws. The imagery on the card is fantastic and I think it might be my favorite card in the entire deck.

The image on the deck illustrates a vampire taking the life of a mortal woman, his mouth to the crook of her elbow. She's dressed in white, leaving me with the impression of virginity. Her body has fallen back against a bed with white sheets, her wavy dark hair falling down. Her eyes and mouth are both open, and her body is relaxed. In the background, incense burns in a bowl (grail) held up by a statue (?) of a chimera.

The mortal girl wears a pendant of a crescent moon around her neck and the vampire wears a brooch with the symbol of cancer at his throat.

(I hope my choice of deck is okay here, since this is not a RWS deck, but I am in love with the imagery and getting more accurate results from this deck than my other deck at the moment.)

Hemera

Nice to see you here Devin - and with such a nice deck & card, too. :) I´m not sure if the deck has to be RWS? I did these 21 steps with the Vampyres as well, with the Empress.
I have been thinking of returning to this exercise and doing it again with another card or another deck because I really learned so much from doing this. Good luck with the study Devin and everyone else who is doing this. :love:

witchfawn

Step ONE: Manga Tarot, The Devil

A dark, looming figure, traditionally Devil-like looms over a pair of red-headed lovers, his face half-hidden. Our lovers are back-to-back; our gentleman is smirking. His lady friend has her hand out - she appears to be toying with a strand of her hair. They both have tattoos of flames on their arms, and at first glance appear to be wearing a bit of jewellery between them - but on closer inspection, their ornate necklaces are actually chains. The sky beyond their dark shadow is a moody dark-red. There are embers throughout the card.

Seldes Katne

21 Ways: Step 1

For this activity I'm using the Witches Tarot. I drew the cards The Sun, The Star, and Justice. I chose Justice as being the most interesting of the three.

Justice is depicted as a woman. She is seated in front of two pillars. In her right hand she holds a sword upright; in her left she holds a golden set of scales. Both pans on the scale are empty, and the scale is balanced.

The woman wears a long red gown or robe, with green trim and a green cloak. Around the bottom of the robe is a gold design that looks like something from Ancient Rome or Greece. Justice also wears sandals.

On her head is a square crown with a single green jewel in the front center. The clasp of her cloak also has a green jewel.

The woman sits on a stone block, and stone tiles make up the floor. The two pillars behind her change color midway up. In front of the pillars are two large flower pots or urns -- they hold flowers that look like black-eyed susans.

A purple cloth is draped between the two pillars behind Justice. The card's background is a plain peach color, which is lighter or darker in places.

The light source for the picture comes from the front right.

dadsnook2000

After eight years . . .

After eight years I am pleased that this series of threads is still doing well. This was started in January of 2007 in response to Mary Greer's (then new) book. Mary would also post on some occasions or comment thru me. This thread fills a basic need for anyone who wishes to use the Tarot. That is evidenced by the thousands who have participated and are currently contributing. Dave, aka dadsnook2000.

Luna's Crone

21 Ways - Step One

Step ONE: Wildwood, 3 The Green Woman (empress)

repeated her name 3 times.

The green woman's head is covered with lush green growth that tumbles down over her right shoulder and her back. She has bronze age neck jewelry on that is wide, with two circling shoulder clasp to hold it in place. She has a red draped gown on and her belly is full and lush. In her left hand is a wooden tree faerie and in the other hand what appear to be a type of lizard both help over a cauldren ornately decorated with a female holding open her vagina. Fire surrounds the cauldren,

I am holding the #3 maj arcana card, Green woman and repeating her name once again outloud.

Beira

21 ways - Step 1

Thoth, the Universe

The main figure in this card is a woman dancing with a huge serpent.
They are surrounded by a circle that reminds the Zodiac belt, and in the background we see a three dimensional Moebius strip that also reminds the glyph of Aries.
Outside the zodiac belt an eye sends out rays, one of which seems to give out the serpent.
At the feet of the woman you can see a depiction of a building.
At the four corners there are heads of an eagle, a human, a lion and a bull.
The colours are very vivid, with mainly turquoises - greens in the center of the card and browns at the corners
If you turn the card horizontally you catch the image of another eye, the zodiac belt being the round part.

Hemera

After eight years I am pleased that this series of threads is still doing well. This was started in January of 2007 in response to Mary Greer's (then new) book. Mary would also post on some occasions or comment thru me. This thread fills a basic need for anyone who wishes to use the Tarot. That is evidenced by the thousands who have participated and are currently contributing. Dave, aka dadsnook2000.
Thank you Dave! :love: I have thoroughly enjoyed this Study Group (and your posts and insights) -so much so that I'm starting it again now with a different deck.

Hemera

Step ONE

Medicine Woman Tarot: The High Priestess, SEEKER.

I shuffled 7 times, cut the deck and picked 3 cards. Two were minors and the third one was The High Priestess called SEEKER in this deck. This has always been one of my favourite cards in this deck so the choice was not difficult.

A woman is sitting under a huge tree by a river. Moon shines behind the trees. She is holding a mirror and looking at us over her shoulder. She looks amused and inviting.

I am holding the High Priestess aka the SEEKER from the Medicine Woman Tarot.

Attachments

• seeker.jpg
    seeker.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 162