21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- step TWO

thorhammer

21 Ways - Step Two

Hanson-Roberts 6 of Rods​

I am a poor man walking beside a grand nobleman on his horse. We are returning from a long quest, where we achieved our objective, although not without struggle and loss. We are almost home, and it's the end of a long day on the road. My lord wears a laurel crown and his Rod has a laurel wreath hanging from its tip. I bear a Rod for him, and there are another two strapped to his back. Two more appear on the other side of his horse, but I don't know who is carrying them. My lord's horse holds its head high - I am proud to walk beside it. My lord wears a red cloak, to match the reins he uses to control his horse and its surcoat - the colour of victory, but also of bright, freshly spilled blood. Our triumph has come at a price, and we will do well not to forget that.

How'd I do? Anyone?

\m/ Kat

kwesifriends

wow great I read your short description and I love it creative yay hehehe. lets start lesson 2 much harder hehehe!

Starling

thorhammer, I'm loving what you are doing with your card. How interesting that you saw yourself as someone other than the main character. I did that too and in the end became all three of the people on my original card.

thorhammer

Thanks, Starling! I wanted to know if I was doing it right before I attemped the next step, so I'm glad I did what I did. Should I get the book, do you think? *sigh* so many books, so little time. I haven't even finished 78 degrees yet, and Ive been on it for about three months. :blush: I'll keep going with my card tonight! :heart:

\m/ Kat

kwesifriends

I think you need to buy the book because theres a part of a lesson in here that needs the book and I think the book is fun to read.

Starling

thorhammer said:
Thanks, Starling! I wanted to know if I was doing it right before I attemped the next step, so I'm glad I did what I did. Should I get the book, do you think? *sigh* so many books, so little time. I haven't even finished 78 degrees yet, and Ive been on it for about three months. :blush: I'll keep going with my card tonight! :heart:

\m/ Kat

There comes a point when you will need the book, although frankly if you already have a bunch of books you might be able to work around it by looking up the things that need to be looked up elsewhere. Having the book does make some of the steps easier. I just posted Step 13 myself.

What I really love about this group study is that it gives me a place to actually post what I am doing. It makes me accountable, to myself mainly, to actually do each step. I'm learning a great deal and I'm enjoying it.

dadsnook2000

Yes

Yes, we make ourselves accountable by making a public commitment to study, consider, post. In doing so we learn for ourselves, we help others, others help us, and we all become better and/or more understanding of our craft.

From the large number of hits on our step-postings, I know there are a lot of people watching and reading -- but not doing. You'all are cheating yourselves of a lot of fun, good comradeship, and some real learning. I should remind you that life isn't a spectator sport. Jump in and join us. Dave

Verdi

21 ways step two

The DruidCraft - The High Priestess.

I am standing outside, by the blue lake, in front of my alter. I have raised my arms open to catch the spirit of the moon. I am in deep concentration, absorbing the energies around me. I am seeking inspiration and depth of meaning. The the wind blows my hair and cloak but I am rock steady, unaffected. I feel no cold, though this is night. My cat looks on. I feel his prescence. I am getting ready to open my book that I have placed on the alter. In the book I have my my thoughts and life. With it i shall try to grow and know myself better.

Starling

I found this step very strange and interesting when I did it. There are other steps where we become someone or something in the card that come later in the study. I found all of them enlightening because they were so outside my experience.

When you became the High Priestess, how did it feel to you?

Verdi

I felt more in contact with my true self. I felt like i was pulling in energie atoms towards myself. I suppose it a training in being open and receptive. This is fun though, a really good way to get to know the cards. I did the cleansing bit for the cards in Mary Greers "Tarot for your self" about a week ago. After that, an almost hyonotic experiance, i feel the cards are really really my ones - no one is allowed to touch them, lol. I can recommend the book :)