11 years of Aeclectic

Le Fanu

I thought it might be nice - to clebrate the wonders of Aeclectic, which is now 11 years old - to share our memories...

Can this thread be for any outstanding memories we have of this wonderful site? Decks we discovered, how we felt when we came across the site, how we came across it, that dizzy elation of having somewhere to go every day and GUSH with likeminded people. The horror we felt when we felt our bank balance helpless when faced with all these lovely decks! All these nasty enablers. })

The horror we felt when the site crashed and there was nothing to do!

And to remember dear members like Dwaas and memries who are no longer with us.

And to remember our favourite threads.

I know it is a thread I started, but I loved the way this thread developed.

And then there was the memorable orgy of Historical deck buying started by Sapienza here.

What about you? Share your memories of what you have loved here.

gregory

I loved - the day I dipped my toe in ISG for the first time, and got a PM saying I had hit paydirt for my sitter.... This was my first reading in 35 years, and I was scared half to death.

And the response to the first thread I ever started. It helped hugely. I had even had PM from the member in question.... People were so nice to me.

And the Myce decks. And Frankie.

And the damage to my credit card (here it was that I first heard of Tarotgarden... Oops...)

SOOD...

But most of all the friends I have made here - not least the IRL ones - I would name them all, but then whoever I forget to mention might feel slighted. I HAVE to name Lillie, though. Everyone will understand why. Talk about a high spot... :D

And memries - I was privileged to meet her once. She was such fun.

Flaxen

I'm a real newbie to AT compared to a lot of people here. However, I can remember the joy I felt when I stumbled across this site after coming back to tarot after a few years hiatus. Here was a whole site full of people who enjoyed tarot, didn't think it was weird and loved the art and all the theories.

Doing my first readings for perfect strangers here has been wonderful and a real confidence boost. My groaning bookshelf and bank balance aren't thanking me though. :)

I appreciate how open discussion is, the mix of frivolity and academic rigour and how nice people here are in comparison to other forums I've frequented.

Here's to many more years. :thumbsup:

Le Fanu

And today is the actual day!
Solandia said:
The Forum is eleven years old today - I can hardly believe it's been that long myself!
Seconding gregory.. Yes, the friends made here...How wonderful to see your first post! I would never have known.

teomat

As someone who's interest in tarot is unfortunately very much in the closet, this site has been a daily dose of private happiness.

I don't post that often or participate in readings, but I do follow most of the discussions and can't help but login every day to see what everyone's talking about. The latest deck, the gushing, the bashing, and my particular favourite, when some old forgotten deck suddenly gets in the limelight again.

I love reading posts by newbies - it reminds me of when I first discovered tarot and the buzz I got from dabbling in this wonderful hobby. I even feel envious sometimes, as every now and then I get a bit jaded by it all. But a newbie's enthusiasm always seems to revive my interest again.

And I do miss some old members - particularly Little Baron/Buddha who's threads were must-reads for me.

Le Fanu

teomat said:
And I do miss some old members - particularly Little Baron/Buddha who's threads were must-reads for me.
Me too. And whatever happened to Little Baron/buddha? And your posts reminded me teomat; trades! All the wonderful trades I have had here. All the favourite decks which have passed through AT hands and which I treasure.

teomat

Le Fanu said:
And your posts reminded me teomat; trades! All the wonderful trades I have had here. All the favourite decks which have passed through AT hands and which I treasure.
Glad to have obliged LeFanu :).

Actually, perhaps after all these years (and in honour of AT's birthday) I should FINALLY become a subscriber? No better time for it I guess...

cardlady22

My fondest memories of AT, as well as tarot, are my participating in the GiveAways! So much fun & learning was tied up in them: coding and text effects, the cards themselves as I would look at each card for the member who chose it.

:heart: Trade Trains :heart: and the Trading Forum!
I love the way we all look out for each other & send those alerts. :angel:

Dedications & Prayers (subscribers-only) is a Connection and Service that is highly appreciated.

Melanchollic & dangerdork's threads shall remain in my Watched list Forever!

ETA: the Creative Exchanges that were hosted by tabi

Grizabella's Five of Pents exchanges

Sebavin's Christmas Exchanges for the Kids of AT

gregory

Le Fanu said:
And today is the actual day!Seconding gregory.. Yes, the friends made here...How wonderful to see your first post! I would never have known.
My first THREAD. I was big in the identify this card area.... I finally subscribed when I got fed up getting others to post my clips for me (I was on such crap dialup I couldn't use photo hosting sites !)

Oh - another high - the day magpie furiously directed me to the welcome to the dark side thread she started when I did subscribe - I totally missed it !

Rovay

As a relatively person in the forum, I have to say that I look upon it as something special as well. It is one of the forums that I can stop writing in, then come back weeks or a month after, and start again, and no matter of how long the absence of mine is, I always feel like I fit well, knowing that I share this place with a lot of like-minded fellas like myself. This forum is the place where I can go when I am bored; When I am not bored; And the place I can leave when I have something more important to do, but feel that I'd still be welcome when I come back.