DECK OF THE MONTH - AUGUST sign up thread

DaisyDragonfly

I've pulled my court cards, as per this week's exercise, but here's the thing: I'm an unrepentant hermit during my holidays and I actively avoid company and plans and such things. There is literally nobody I'm expecting to meet with this week.

So instead I just looked through the courts and pulled the three that seemed the most attractive to me, guessing that these could represent parts of myself this week... surprisingly the Queen of Swords was not one of them. She was a runner-up, mind, but I was expressing her thoroughly yesterday evening when I was displeased with some customer service I received.

Today? Far more the Queen of Cups, one of the three cards I pulled. The other two cards are the Knight of Coins and the King of Staves.

Something I learned about this deck when I was looking through the cards to pick my courts: when I'd first glanced through the cards, I thought the courts would be a weakness, since they seemed same-y. Now I've looked again, and I realize the courts are fantastic. Whilst there are surface similarities, the differences speak volumes. I adore the King of Staves in this deck: its one stand-out detail somehow defining the King in a way I haven't understood before.

Great deck, this :D

MountainGirl

I posted my deck interview spread.

I don't really have a new deck ritual. I just take them out of the package, look at all the cards in order and then shuffle and do a few short spreads to get a feel for them. I don't really change decks periodically, I mostly use two concurrently depending on where I am and once in a while I dig out another.

Essjay

Tyldwick Tarot

I've posted my new interview spread. I just love this deck. Any fears I had that it would be tricky to work with have been washed away. It's such a readable, useable deck. I can't wait to use it more!

Kathy123

Hi Everyone!!! Hope you are all getting along good with your decks - seems like you are! I am loving the new deck interviews that you are doing.

One favour to ask, when you are posting in this thread, can you please type the name of your deck in the "title" box on top of this message box, that way it is an easier reference to see what deck everyone is using. If it is a general comment, no need. Thank you!!!!

Kathy123

Dark Angels Tarot

I did my new deck interview last night. This was the first chance I have had to really sit down with this deck :) I absolutely love the art work, it really draws me in and fascinates me. However, the images and themes are very dark. When I started my "taroting", I wanted a darker deck that I could use when I wanted to study my shadow side. This deck will definitely do that trick. Can I study it for an entire month? I'm not sure. I will carry it through for the entire month, but I might have to add a lighter deck along side it.

Kathy123

I've pulled my court cards, as per this week's exercise, but here's the thing: I'm an unrepentant hermit during my holidays and I actively avoid company and plans and such things. There is literally nobody I'm expecting to meet with this week.

So instead I just looked through the courts and pulled the three that seemed the most attractive to me, guessing that these could represent parts of myself this week... surprisingly the Queen of Swords was not one of them. She was a runner-up, mind, but I was expressing her thoroughly yesterday evening when I was displeased with some customer service I received.

Today? Far more the Queen of Cups, one of the three cards I pulled. The other two cards are the Knight of Coins and the King of Staves.

Something I learned about this deck when I was looking through the cards to pick my courts: when I'd first glanced through the cards, I thought the courts would be a weakness, since they seemed same-y. Now I've looked again, and I realize the courts are fantastic. Whilst there are surface similarities, the differences speak volumes. I adore the King of Staves in this deck: its one stand-out detail somehow defining the King in a way I haven't understood before.

Great deck, this :D
Great job on improvising the themes!!!

DaisyDragonfly

Thanks Kathy123 - hope it's okay! I can always come back to the exercise and do it as written when I'm back at work...

The Knight of Coins cards reminds me a bit of the place I was today: one of the cafe rooms at the Victoria & Albert museum, one of the nicest places in London to sit and drink tea :D

Kathy123

Necronomicon Tarot

Okay, I absolutely can't resist.... I got this Tarot in the mail today, complete with everything needed to "explore another world", and I can't stop the itching that is calling me with this deck.

My beautiful Dark Angels Tarot, which I love to "death", may have to wait for a bit before I study it more. It is darker than the Necronomicon (as far as I can tell), hence I am changing up my deck for the week.... still have time to get week one assignments done with the necronomicon :)

Mi-Shell

Sorry, that I am - absent! :(
I am just toooo busy:
I have to prepare:
- a 2 day craft show
- a funeral for a murder victim and his family - with members of 3 different religions....
- A Pow Wow in honour of addiction recovery
....all within next week......

I think I will have to bow out of the August Deck of the Month -
There is just not enough time in a day.
The next week also one of my students is coming from the US and it will be just as busy with teachings and patients and clients and events to lead.....
Good luck and much joy to all of you!
Mi-Shell

Kathy123

Sorry, that I am - absent! :(
I am just toooo busy:
I have to prepare:
- a 2 day craft show
- a funeral for a murder victim and his family - with members of 3 different religions....
- A Pow Wow in honour of addiction recovery
....all within next week......

I think I will have to bow out of the August Deck of the Month -
There is just not enough time in a day.
The next week also one of my students is coming from the US and it will be just as busy with teachings and patients and clients and events to lead.....
Good luck and much joy to all of you!
Mi-Shell

Remember to take some time to take care of yourself Mi-Shell, so that you can help others. We look forward to your return :)