DECK OF THE MONTH - AUGUST sign up thread

Kathy123

Necronomicon Tarot

I got to sit down with this deck last night, read through a bit of the companion book, and look at some of the lore it represents. I do love this deck! I don't find it as "dark" as the dark angels, at least not yet (haven't read with it yet)... I absolutely love how the minors tell a story. I did a deck exercise about this a few months ago, and this deck really speaks to that exercise.

The minors have the same characters in each of the separate suits, and the characters are "acting" out a part/myth/legend. Truly fascinating to see. Immediately upon opening the deck, you can see that the same characters are represented throughout the suits (however, different between the suits). I am looking forward to working with this deck more tonight and over the weekend. It puts me a bit behind on the assignments, but I'm sure I can catch up :)

Next weeks assignments will be posted Monday morning :) Hope you are all enjoying this week.

conurelover

Grand Etteilla

Did a little bit of Minchiate typing today on the play of the game and am concentrating on my Etteilla court cards.

Essjay

Tyldwick Tarot

I haven't managed to do this weeks exercise but now my deck is here I'll be able to do next weeks!

conurelover

Grand Etteilla

So my conure had an accident on my deck. I cannot do the court card spread until the cards are dried and I figure out a way to sanitize the backs of half of them.

Luckily I had already completed the court card exercise and meditation before her accident.

Earlier in the week I pulled four court cards. 1 page, 1 knight, 1 queen, and 1 king. I encountered several people that I thought to resemble the people in the court. Particularly the Queen of Wands - someone I know that is an accomplished individual and Knight of Coins-a quiet man I know.

I also did work on the whole court. The Etteilla court are dressed in 1700s era type clothing. Their faces are small and expressions aren't easy to read. They are drawn alone with no plants, animals, or other figures with them. All they carry is their suit unlike any other deck I have worked on.

So I lined each of the court suits from Page or in this case Valet to Roi.
The Court of Cups was my favorite. Each person had gentle expressions and peered down into the cup in their hand.
The Wands Court looked off to the left expectantly like they were waiting for something. And their Cavalier was actually with his back to the viewer.
The Court of Coins were all turned to the right and looking off to the right. They didn't show much emotion.
The last was the Court of Swords. Everyone in this court was in armor including the Queen. The Knight of Swords reminded me of a Spanish colonial for some reason even though this is a French deck. Everyone in this Swords court was turned to the left and it could be the armor but they all look mean.

Unexpectedly, I picked out the Queen of Coins of who I think I want to resemble. I thought I would choose Wands or Cups but I surprised myself and thought a lot about this choice.

I attached a picture of the Queen of Coins.
I was going to attach a picture of the whole court but my conure had an accident. :)

Attachments

• queenofcoins.jpg
    queenofcoins.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 40

DaisyDragonfly

I did the court card spread and got a great deal out of it. One of the court cards I'd picked at the beginning of the week appeared in the first card position, reinforcing my reason for choosing it.

In this spread, the use of colour in the deck became very important. It's not a bright deck, not at all, but some of the cards just jump out of you when they're amongst others. This isn't by accident, and it adds impact to the reading and the meanings.

Great spread. I didn't write it up because I want to go away and think about it and one card in particular (The Tower card came up in the position of 'Where you are in your life'). The Tower normally freaks me out when it appears in a reading, but I love this particular depiction and its image perfectly reflects my current state of mind and considerations.

Enjoying this deck very much :D

Kathy123

So my conure had an accident on my deck. I cannot do the court card spread until the cards are dried and I figure out a way to sanitize the backs of half of them.

Luckily I had already completed the court card exercise and meditation before her accident.

Hahaha!!! Kitty pee'd on the cards... that made me laugh.... maybe someone is wanting more attention on them and less on the cards :)

Kathy123

Week two exercises are up... have fun everyone!!!

conurelover

Grand Etteilla

My conure did #2 on the corner of the deck. I started to shuffle before I realized what she did...it is sanitized now. She knows to keep her beak off the cards but I think it will be impossible to potty train her.

I did the court card spread and got the Page of Cups in 1 spot and the Knight of Wands in the 2 spot. Very interesting! :)

This week's activities are very interesting too!

Kathy123

is she a bird???? I thought she was a cat for some reason :)

Glad your enjoying the month :) I'm a bit behind, busy at work :( But hope to catch up very soon!!!

conurelover

is she a bird???? I thought she was a cat for some reason :)

Glad your enjoying the month :) I'm a bit behind, busy at work :( But hope to catch up very soon!!!

LOL. Yeah she is a small parrot.