How big are your hands?

What is the maximum length of card you can shuffle, holding lengthways?

• 10cm (or less than 10cm)

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • 11cm (Urania Thoth)

• 11.5cm

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • 12cm (most USG/LoS)

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • 12.5cm

• 13cm

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • 13.5cm (Medieval Scapini is 13.2cm)

• 14cm (DruidCraft is 14cm)

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • 14.5cm

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • I can shuffle 15cm +

Votes: 6 14.6%

• Total voters

BeccaBoo

My hands are tiny. Bordering on childlike tiny. I'm a small woman in general(under 5 feet tall). I voted the 11cm option simply because most tarot decks aren't smaller than that so I have simply gotten used to shuffling a larger deck than what was originally comfortable to me. Before I started using my tarot cards I would have probably said not much large her than a standard deck of playing cards. When you're as small as I am though you honestly just get used to making adjustments because most things feel awkward to you.

Amsonia

I think my hands are average. 17 cm from tip of thumb to tip of middle finger...the max I can shuffle is 12cm if the deck is stiff.

I haven't used the Druidcraft more than a time or two since I got it, even though I like it, because I can't shuffle it.

Miss Divine

I think my hands are average. 17 cm from tip of thumb to tip of middle finger...the max I can shuffle is 12cm if the deck is stiff.

I haven't used the Druidcraft more than a time or two since I got it, even though I like it, because I can't shuffle it.

That is why I trimmed mine. I measured differently from everyone else here I see. I measured from the top of my middle finger straight down to my wrist. Dunno if that makes a difference, (who cares) but it does make me wonder if there is a correct or incorrect way of measuring the hand. :D

tarotbear

Dunno if that makes a difference, (who cares) but it does make me wonder if there is a correct or incorrect way of measuring the hand. :D

We could all take a photocopy/scan of one hand, draw lines and mark the measurements ... :D

Barleywine

That is why I trimmed mine. I measured differently from everyone else here I see. I measured from the top of my middle finger straight down to my wrist. Dunno if that makes a difference, (who cares) but it does make me wonder if there is a correct or incorrect way of measuring the hand. :D

That's a good question. I tried to look at it functionally. Which part of the hand actually grips the cards when held for shuffling? For the smaller decks I hold them with my thumb and index-through-ring fingers to shuffle, so thumb-to-middle-finger would probably be the working measurement. For larger decks I have to hold them with my thumb and little finger (a broader span) so I used that measurement. I'm sure there are charts somewhere.

Barleywine

We could all take a photocopy/scan of one hand, draw lines and mark the measurements ... :D

Stop it, you're making me think of those workplace clowns who dropped trou and sat on the photocopier . . .

tarotbear

Stop it, you're making me think of those workplace clowns who dropped trou and sat on the photocopier . . .

But you won't get sent to HR for putting your hand on your copier ... :surprise:

Miss Woo

I can manage shuffling my Soprafino (Il Meneghello) quite well and it is 11.6cm long, but I can't handle anything longer than that.

Amanda

Stretched to the max against a ruler, I have a 21.5 cm span from tip of thumb to tip of middle finger. When I took my hand away and formed the shape of a deck and put it back against the ruler, I'd say 13 or 13.5 cm length would be a comfortable hold for me, considering thickness of 78 cards. I think I do remember the DruidCraft just being slightly out of my comfort zone length-wise, but I was still capable of shuffling it. So I voted 13 cm.