How do you store your collection?

lark

I keep mine in no-ouch ponnytail holders in the Big Drawer O' Tarot in my tarot desk.
I also have a bag for each one for when they go out on the town.
Wouldn't want them to get the shivers.

Attachments

• drawer.jpg
    drawer.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 189

Solty Dog

Lark, you have inspired me. I am going to clean out my computer desk drawer and put my decks in there. I may have to invest in those ponytail holders as well for the boxless many few.

Owlface

storage

Bags. If I really like a deck-rather than having it simply for reference purposes, or simply" by accident"-I like to find a bag that suits it. I don't sew, but I've ordered some really wonderful bags from some other Forum members who do ! (Take a bow, ladies -you know who you are !) :)

And I have several storage boxes-most of them quite plain, from a stationer's-to put the bags in for safekeeping.

The decks I feel less close to-the reference decks-just stay in the trade box they came in.

love

rosyelf

Dylan

Talking about storage and bags, i require a nice black bag for my pocket Universal Waite. I want something that fits quite well.
Im not certain if they are available a little smaller, ive never purchased one.
Any ideas of where to look?

Thanks

Dylan

lark

Dylan said:
Talking about storage and bags, i require a nice black bag for my pocket Universal Waite. I want something that fits quite well.
Im not certain if they are available a little smaller, ive never purchased one.
Any ideas of where to look?

Thanks

Dylan

Hi Dylan!
I found the perfect size bag for my UW pocket deck at Tarot Totes.
www.tarottotes.com
It is actually a rune stone pouch.
I couldn't decide which bag I liked best for my runes so I bought two,
Winter Solstice and Archne's Web.
I was thinking that I could use the other one for crystals, but it fit my UW pocket deck to perfection.
I used Winter solstice for the UW.
Right now she has 17 choices in her Rune Pouch section.

And I think it only cost $5.00.
Happy shopping!

satinangel

I only have 1 deck at this time, which I keep wrapped in a silk scarf and then tucked inside a velvet drawstring bag.

satinangel

Emeraldgirl

I made a wooden box for all my books and cards. And I painted it myself. It works really well as I feel much nmore connected to my cards since I built them their "house". I also have a selection of silk drawstring bags I brought for them and I try to keep them in their original boxes in the bags.

seneris

seneris said:
I do this as well. I have never taken the cards out and put the box away. I keep the box, it's a good way of storing decks.
As a matter of fact I'm thinking of making a box for my deck that has no box (the Mary-El)

I keep my decks and my reading cloth in a a nice little treasure-chest I got for Christmas. I used to keep all my tarot things together in a huge chest (journals, decks, random pieces of paper...), but I like the treasure-chest better for my decks. Plus I can store it on my desk in the bedroom, something I can't do with that huge chest.
Unfortunately that little treasure-chest won't have enough space left if I were to buy my next deck, so I'll start looking for alternatives. 'Cause I want to buy more decks... ;)

bibi

housing tarot cards

I keep them in a silver box with a velvet lining, which is supposed to be for luxury chocolates, but I just knew they would fit when I saw it so I bought it with them in mind :)

tmgrl2

Emeraldgirl said:
I made a wooden box for all my books and cards. And I painted it myself. It works really well as I feel much nmore connected to my cards since I built them their "house". I also have a selection of silk drawstring bags I brought for them and I try to keep them in their original boxes in the bags.

I love the idea of the box you made!

I have plastic boxes, but the cards are in velvet bags...

Also, I threw away a lot of boxes initially...now I keep many in the boxes, but like the idea of putting the box with the cards in the bag..keeps them from bending. Some decks bend more than others over time.

terri