have realised the error of my ethics.

Abigail

After my dummy spit over the ethics issue in a previous posting
I have done a lot of thinking as a psychic tarot reader I have always believed ear wigging to find out info about people to be beneath contempt but what if I have been wrong
After all the moderator must be linked to the great tarot guild the ones to make sure that tarot becomes recognized the one that’s working so hard in this area
Surely that means they must be right and me wrong
And sticky beaking oops I mean reading with out others permission must be acceptable after all *** said it was
So off I went with my cards to ponder and meditate. ..
What if this last twenty six years since my first full energy reading on someone I had been misguided in my ethics?
What could I have achieved if I let this one ethic go and had a good ole nosey oops again I mean errr hmm read with out permission in to someone else’s life.
As I peered down at the cards in my hands they appeared to glow as they so often do for me. They have been my tool one of many I uses as a form of psychic enhancement and balance. So what if I let that one little ethic go what then could I achieve?
I started to lay the cards out willing myself to see beyond where I would normally look and in to the lives of the others on the forum.
Oh my ……… 37 members have committed adultery 17 members were molested as children 12 members have been subjected to rape, that was a hard number to come up with as the number kept changing on me .. remember I am not used to looking in to others lives with out permission I thought maybe I was blocking myself from seeing clearly till I realized I had looked for women being raped not men .. When I enlarged it to encompass both sexes the number came clearly four of the numbers are men.
6 people abuse/d their children 2 sexually
As a psychic reader I expect specifics from my cards names numbers time’s places.
Realizing what I was seeing I let go of my last doubts that this was wrong and threw myself in to pushing open the door way I have always kept so firmly closed
I wondered how far I could take it .. could I work out using tarot who was fantasizing about one person while being intimate with another? I tried and three names came through clearly .. oh wow I was now in full agreement with the moderator this was acceptable and I could validate myself for doing it by passing it off a parlor game as just a bit of fun. Hey its not going to hurt me is it so doesn’t really matter.
And when D day comes can I validate what I am about to do that I am going to put in posts naming the adulterers and their partners and who they are cheating with .. (oh did I mention getting names is my specialty .. did a reading this weekend named both his children his ex and the dog..) Of course I could validate it .. Its standard acceptable practice the moderator said so.. There by absolving me of any responsibility for my own actions.
What if I should hurt someone . nah that wont happen after all its all in the name of fun and there’s so many good well meaning supportive people when I do the weekly list of adulterers and then add two names each time to those that have been abused either by their fathers uncles or brothers the others here will help them at least it will all be out in the open for us all to share and support them then. (oh and by the way yes I am aware of the one that was sexually abused by the mother)
And what if someone should turn the tables and do the same to me, oh I do hope someone finds something more exciting than my life, so far my life is boring enough I could become a politician nothing for the press to even dig up on me.. Sad really but true, after so many years with my current ethics and using by example to teach my life really is already an open book .. (Quite literally currently with the editor)
I again reminded myself what I am about to do is acceptable to pry and poke and stir things up in someone’s life with out them agreeing to me looking, is just a bit of fun.
So my choice now finally made I let go of my belief that I shouldn’t read in to someone’s life with out permission for this was fun ..
As I peered back down at the cards , maybe I could take this all the way, have done work for employment agencies to find most suitable employees for hard to place jobs, as a reader, what if I could hand their employer a full reading on them their likes dislikes sexual preferences financial position wow the list was endless. This could be the one thing that would finally make a mark on the Tarot community. What if I take it one more step and work on the names of those who have been raped, and put that in a public forum then maybe the police can come peer in the window of the computer screen and use that information how good would that be two wrongs would then for sure make a right so I could rest easy my conscious clear that I was doing this reading for the greater good. What of the rape victims I wondered will they understand its only for fun surely they will they read the postings they will understand its only a parlor game and we will have so much fun with it. We could even get others involved but you don’t actually have to read if from the cards .. a lot is said in groups and classes a lot is said or overheard .. Lets all in the spirit of Tarot share and enjoy the fun not just let it be limited to those that share no morals or ethics.
I know there are many on here who believed the same as I did you shouldn’t read with out permission its so wrong, but wow take a leaf out of my book its wonderful right now I have fifteen names ready to put online next week but to keep the fun going am only going to do five, and do a full reading on them so I can make sure I get their parents names their children’s names and who and when they cheated on their partners. Two of the other names come from the list of children forced in to sexual relationships by family members but that’s not an issue they are adults now they will cope they will understand its just a bit of fun and sharing and caring.
Wow this is such a great high this probing in to others lives I so can understand why *** said its acceptable its wonderful I feel so powerful so strong and in a weird way so right in what I am doing I know I must be right cause *** said its acceptable and so must be.
So again am sorry for the dumb spit I realize you must be right cause it feels so invigorating to be prying in to other peoples personal business and private affairs.
After all its all in the name of fun so cant be wrong can it?

RViewer

Balance and Intent.

I am going to take a risk and guess wildly that you are not REALLY OK with reading the tarot without permission.

But what if a client asks about what her husband is doing? Since you have the "permission" of someone does that then make it all right?

Are there not many reasons we may wish to read the energy of a group of people? May not the reasons you posted be among the most base and un-imaginative of those uses?

I did not read the post where you were told that you were ethically wrong, but maybe this issue has more than one right answer.

Alissa

I don't know whether to take this post as tongue-in-cheek or not. But it is not at all wise to go advertising other people's issues, and pasts, without their permission.

It's one thing to take a private moment and say to the Universe, "Show Me...."

It's quite another to take that information, however certain you are about it, and then make it widely public for others to see, and having NEVER gained permission to either 1. look into such issues about the person, and 2. publicize those issues for the world at large.

You hurt no one but the victim of your readings by doing such.

Edited to add: It's also called libel to print information such as you are suggesting.

Edited again to remove: large chunks of my post to what must be a very reactive new member, and I'm sorry to say this morning it hooked me. Ferget it... not worth my time.

Aoife

Whooooah.... are you angry!
Is it because others do not exactly share your ethics?
Has someone said you must abide by their ethics and not your own?

gregory

Oh come now, surely I am not alone in thinking abigail actually made up the info and posted as a spoof .... to make a point ? (and perhaps the fact that some people have said it IS OK to read without other people's consent might almost justify it even if she hadn't ?) I agree with whoever said this in the dummyspitting thread - if in serious doubt, do as you would be done by.

Sulis

Hi Abigail,

Like Alissa I can only think that your post is a little 'tongue in cheek' and you're threatening to post these things to make a point.

I've read the thread you refer to and I can't find a single thing in it that tells you that it's ok to read for others without their knowledge.....

Others may have different ethical stances to yours but no-one says anywhere in that thread that your ethics are wrong.

What 'the moderator' you refer to does say is that everyone's ethics are personal to them and that folk (including you) should:
Trust your judgement to do the right thing

On a forum as large as this one I'm afraid that you will find that people don't always agree with each other, this doesn't mean that anyone is personally attacking or insulting your ethical standards or you personally - it simply means that their ethics are different from yours.

moderator note
There have been a few post reports regarding this thread - members are worried that you are not in fact joking.
I'm leaving this thread where it is for now, it is an interesting topic and one that brings up many different viewpoints.

Should there be any more threats to print names of members without their permission, the thread will be removed.

Thanks

Sulis - co-moderator - Talking Tarot

Alta

And, I might add continuing to threaten members in this way, much less actually posting anything pretending to be 'the real dirt', will result in your posting priviledges being suspended.

Major Tom

Aoife said:
Has someone said you must abide by their ethics and not your own?

Actually Aoife, it's exactly the opposite. Abigail is telling us we must abide by her ethics. I quote her from the Ethical Issues thread:

Abigail said:
Reading your comment saddened me and reminded me why I work alone and have previously avoided groups such as this. But I thank you for the comment it gave me the push I needed to remove myself from the forum. Ethically and morally I have problems with reading Tarot for people with out their permission. If it can’t be picked up by intuition then I don’t believe you need or have the right to pry.

We really aren't all that far apart Abigail, but for me, the ethical decision is made in the moment, rather than by a blanket ban. Certainly, if that blanket ban is what suits you, then you're welcome to work that way, but do be careful of isolating yourself from people who chose to work differently.

MercyMe

Abigail's just threatened to open a can of psychic whoopass on everyone here because other people don't share her ethics?

Now that's ethical.

Moongold

Like Gregory, I took Abigail's post as a spoof, perhaps satire, an attempt to wake very one up. Perhaps I am wrong but can't see how it could be taken any other way.

It would be pity to over react.

Major Tom said:
]We really aren't all that far apart Abigail, but for me, the ethical decision is made in the moment, rather than by a blanket ban. Certainly, if that blanket ban is what suits you, then you're welcome to work that way, but do be careful of isolating yourself from people who chose to work differently.

I think this is misunderstanding Abigail's original post and perhaps misrepresenting others who use statements of ethics (which just about everyone does who works on the internet).

We all make ethical decisions in the moment but certain principles often guide those decisions. That is all I take statements of ethics to be.

Abigail is in Western Australia where it is 2.25 am at the moment. I think she is probably asleep and may not have seen the response to her thread.

Moongold