U.S. Games - customer service problem and resolution

FraterGrant

Well, lets begin with the story...

I bought The Golden Tarot by Kat Black. It was amazing and I effing loved it. The one problem was that my King of Coins was actually shorter than the rest of the cards. So, I called US Games and they told me they would send a replacement. They did. And it was LONGER than the rest of the deck. I honestly dont know what was wrong with it. So, I called them again. They said to just send in the deck and they would send me a brand new one. I sent it, and its been about 3 months since Ive had my deck of tarot cards.

I called about a week ago, and got the most pathetic lie I've ever heard. (A USG Employee) said "Oh, I sent one deck out already. But it must have gotten lost. I'll send another one and tomarrow I will call you with the tracking number so you can track it" Needless to say the call never came, neither did the supposed 'first' deck, nor the second.

I called back at 2:00 some days later. Some woman said "(USG Employee is on his lunch break. call back later". I did, at 3. "Still on his lunch break. 3:30 "still on his lunch break". 4:00 "WHY ARE YOU CALLING HERE? YOU ARE ONLY ONE CUSTOMER MIGUEL HAS 500 WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU LEAVE A MESSAGE HE WILL GET BACK TO YOU". This lady, was screaming at me. I couldnt believe my ears. I had left messages. many. no response. I have no idea what to do. Will someone please help me? PLEASE! I JUST WANT MY GOLDEN TAROT!

Rhiamon

TaranRavenfrost said:
YOU ARE ONLY ONE CUSTOMER
no way did they say this to you! sounds to me like you need to become very troublesome for them...you are out a deck completely!

ShekinahMoon

Well if you paid for it and you do not have your deck then you have a legal case. You paid for a product they have not sent back to you. You may need to remind them of this small fact.

northsea

If you paid by credit card, just ask your credit card company for a chargeback.. if it's been less than 90 days.

Emeraldgirl

Rhiamon said:
no way did they say this to you! sounds to me like you need to become very troublesome for them...you are out a deck completely!

Agree completely. Send them something in writing detailing what has happened so far. Sometimes that helps it sink in a bit. Also lodge a complaint to the customer service department about the person that you spoke to. Keep hassling them until they send you your deck. If they are being really difficult maybe let them know the bad publicity that they are generating for themselves. A happy customer tells one or two people an unhappy one tells everyone.

Grigori

:eek: I can't believe they would speak like that to anyone! Appaling!

US games have really pathetic service. I've emailed them a couple times and never got any response at all, not even a standaridised one. And I was wanting to spend money and after their help to do it, not just ask questions.

For a company in a industry as small as tarot supply, to treat someone calling them so outrageously is stupid. Its probably too late to get your credit card company to do anything, but its worth a try. Even if you never get any actual action from USG, you'll get the satisfaction of this thread, and you may want to bump it occaisionally so everyone knows how crappy the USG service.

Boo! Hiss!

FraterGrant

wow, lots of replies. And yes, the woman did say "YOU ARE ONLY ONE CUSTOMER, (USG Employee) HAS 500"

I am truly HORRIFIED by calling again. That woman screaming in my ear made me want to send them a small package, and the contents being just as shitty as their customer service ;)

well. I am getting my deck. I dont know what I have to do, but I will get it back. I think everyone should call in and ask them about my tarot deck :)

I also had a huge problem with an Aquarian deck. I had a deck with large almost preforations down the middle, and i was calling to get replacements, and they said they would be sent. I called back after 2 weeks, and they said they dont even have the aquarian in their werehouse anymore, so thats why replacements werent sent.

well. If anyone knows how to help me directly, then PM me. I dont know how to write a letter in a legal voice. And I dont want to keep calling or they might get me for harrassment or they will get so fed up they will just never send it.

Ilithiya

heh... I don't think they can get you for harassment, Taran. You have a perfectly legitimate reason for calling.

Did you get delivery confirmation/tracking put on the deck's package when you sent it, or otherwise have proof of mailing it to them? I think that'd be rather important to mention in any kind of letter sent to them.

And yes, I'm pissed at them too. I've been after them for SIX MONTHS for replacement lwbs, and not a freakin' peep from them at all.

Illy

Grizabella

Wow, so many decks are put out by US Games, too, so that means a lot of us may be finding that we're not getting what we paid for if we buy from them. I'd write a letter right to the top----not to customer service but to whoever it is that's way over the customer service people's heads. I'll bet that would get some action. Especially if you could write up a letter and have all the names and comments of as many dissatisfied customers as you can find to contribute to the letter. Then state in the letter that if you don't get any satisfaction for yourself and others on the list within 30 days, that you'll be sending the letter to some Tarot publications. My bet is that you'd be seeing some action within the 30 days, for sure.

Abrac

TaranRavenfrost, I feel your pain. But you've gotta ask yourself at this point - is it worth it?

Are large corporations bastards most of the time? Yup. Do you feel like kicking them in the teeth a lot of times? Yup. But think about it. If they're treating you this way, do you really want to have anything to do with them? I sure as hell wouldn't. Just chock it up to experience and quit giving them your money. Maybe you could find a good used deck. This would give you the added benefit of looking at it, or asking questions before you buy. Instead of wasting your breath on brain-dead customer service reps, maybe you might be willing to give a new deck one more shot. Amazon has them for $16.50 right now. That's not too bad a price to pay for some peace of mind.

Whatever you decide I wish you the best. I usually only buy from US Games as a last resort. The quality of a lot their decks is crap, imo.

-fof