Dinner with Tarotbear

tarotbear

aja said:
“Good evening and thank you for such a lovely gathering. I’ve left a little something for you over in the kitchen. Now, where shall I deposit this “Hello Kitty” deck? Oh, no it’s not mine. Actually I got it especially for this occasion. No, I don’t detest it as such. It’s just that the thought of a mass-marketing omnipresent icon such as Hello Kitty burning in the flames of eternal damnation was just too good NOT to do!”

"What a wonderful costume, aja! I love it! Thank you so much for coming! In the corner behind me is a table dressed in red silk with a flame pattern. All decks and books should go there until the appointed time. Do enjoy the party!"

tarotbear

April said:
"Where's the keg? Am I really the kind of people you want at this shindig? Also, can I request a vegetarian meal? When I saw "Tarot Roast" I thought, "Friars Club" and that I would have to write some material. If that were the case, I would like to roast the Medieval Scapini."

"April! If it gets too chilly for you I can have the staff set up a blue spotlight for you! I love people who 'dare to dare!' You don't think that I wear anything under this kilt, now do you! LOL! Since you wrote something, I'll have the D.J. lend you his microphone at the bonfire. Vegatarian- no problem! (The keg is hiding in the other corner behind the blue Chilhuly.)"

WhiteRaven

Now I'm really disappointed that you, Mr. Tarotbear, are NOT in your Santa suit for this grand occasion........*shrugs and leaves the thread....*

Rogan

**Rogan Enters dressed as the Knight of Wands - After a quick glance down the line, he catches up with the host of the show :) **

Gday, Tarotbear... thought Id drop by and say hi... Figured there might be some cute single guys around here lol... And of course, Im never one to turn down a good party. Ive brought along the Tarot of the New Vision... Ive never connected with it... Most of the time I just get confused by it... lol

tarotbear

Eco74 said:
"Hello. Do mind my dress, it does look a bit messy with the different colors and ribbons and such, but I thought the three of cups in one go would be befitting of this occation.There, all shown off, ribbons and all. Oh, and for a deck I brought this promo-thing I got for a snippet and never got to liking. The cards are really just the same one from suit to suit and the courts are near identical through it all. Just no fun at all. And the back has the word 'tarot' written on it in large letters, as if that would make it all better."

"Eco74 - what a wonderful idea for a costume! You know I used to be a costumer in professional theatre, didn't you! Oh - twirl again - Yo! Mr. Lighting operator! Can you throw a spot on this costume? Thanks! {Tarotbear gets out there and twirls with Eco74 in his kilt} Don't you love parties?"

Netzach

Hello. . . thank you so much for inviting me. So kind of you. I've not been a member of AT very long . . . less than a year, in fact. My costume? Oh, yes, isn't it gorgeous. I'm the Queen of Wands from the Tarot of Dreams. I love red . . . and all that fancy beadwork. Mind you, I'm having a bit of difficulty keeping the headdress on. If you're going to have dancing later I'll have to take it off or it might fall off and knock someone senseless. . . . Decks? Oh yes, I've brought two - is that all right? The Marco Nizzoli Secret Tarot and - I won't be shown the door for this, will I? - the Rider Waite.

tarotbear

Rogan said:
"Gday, Tarotbear... thought Id drop by and say hi... Figured there might be some cute single guys around here lol... And of course, Im never one to turn down a good party. Ive brought my Rider-Waite deck, Im pretty old-skool when it comes to Tarot, and nothing goes past the classic design."

"Rogan - the Knight of Wands - I love it! I'm hoping a few single men show up, too - I wore my metal-link 'Bear' belt with my kilt just for the occassion! Jed will get tired of playing the Steinway soon, so I hope a couple of red-headed cubs come to the party! Just keep your Wand away from the bonfire!"

Attachments

• Bear Belt.jpg
    Bear Belt.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 73

tarotbear

Netzach said:
Hello. . . thank you so much for inviting me. So kind of you. I've not been a member of AT very long . . . less than a year, in fact. My costume? Oh, yes, isn't it gorgeous. I'm the Queen of Wands from the Tarot of Dreams. I love red . . . and all that fancy beadwork. Mind you, I'm having a bit of difficulty keeping the headdress on. If you're going to have dancing later I'll have to take it off or it might fall off and knock someone senseless. . . . Decks? Oh yes, I've brought two - is that all right? The Marco Nizzoli Secret Tarot and - I won't be shown the door for this, will I? - the Rider Waite.

"Netzach - nice to meet you and welcome to Aeclectic! Yes, the headdress might get in your way, but we can always have the hat-check person watch it for you. OH - don't worry about bringing the Rider deck - Waite won't be here tonight and he'll never know! It's like Bette Midler used to say: ' ***k 'em if they can't take a joke!' Ciro might be here later - he'll love your costume!"

Rogan

Tarotbear - That's Hilairous! You can keep the cubs, keep your eye out for some jocks and sporty lads for me... lol

brenmck

tarotbear said:
Single malt scotch and fresh Scottish salmon will begin at 6:45; reception to follow immediately after dinner.
What will you say to Tarotbear when you greet him in the receiving line?

I'd have to deliver an obligatory Temperance speech, of course, realizing that I'm only speaking for myself. :)

Since the Medieval Scapini already has a fireside seat, I'd add the DaVinci to it, but not really expecting either one of them to burn. Lot's of brownish-green smoke, but no flame.

As the King of Cups I would gladly provide a nice trio to play the reception.
No Irish tunes - don't even ask.