Dinner with Tarotbear

tarotbear

brenmck said:
"I'd have to deliver an obligatory Temperance speech, of course, realizing that I'm only speaking for myself."

"No Problem brenmck! We have a full vegetarian menu for those to request it, also a full sparkling water and juice bar. But the good scotch is hiding behind the purple screen. Looks like we're going to see a lot of Medieval Scappini's tonight! I wonder if Stuart Kaplan got his invitation? If you see any hot jocks - send them over to the Knight of Wands."

Grigori

Well I am currently being stalked (willingly I admit) by the Princess of Wands so I guess I have to come as that card... :eek: Maybe I could come as a tiger. I don't think I could find a decent naked lady costume :D

I do have a copy of Mirror of the Soul that just doesn't interest me. I have a little problem with burning books though, so would someone else oblige me please? (I cannot even bring myself to underline a book, let alone burn it :( )

tarotbear said:
What will you say to Tarotbear when you greet him in the receiving line?

I would say the same thing as everyone else: "I can't believe you just did that!" :laugh: (Also I would like to ask why you are not invited to dinner at Pixie, Al or Arts?)

tarotbear

similia said:
"I can't believe you just did that!" :laugh: Also I would like to ask why you are not invited to dinner at Pixie, Al or Arts?

"Actually, dear similia, I was invited to dinner with Pixie, Al, and Art. I made sure my dinner would be at least two weeks after theirs! As far as the physical bonfire - no one will be made to do anything they don't wish to do (unlike Al's dinner which made many people uncomfortable) flogged pork butt - Well, I never! Perhaps it was the marijuana in the mashed potatoes??? - but never mind! Enjoy the party and just remember - it is a night to have fun!"

Emeraldgirl

I have come dressed as the Empress from the Druidcraft complete with pillow stuffed under my dress for preggers look :). I would enter and put a collection of useless LWBs on the table as I can't think of a deck bad enough to burn. To Tarotbear after complementing him on his kilt I would ask "When's the next book out?"

tarotbear

Emeraldgirl said:
(after complementing him on his kilt) I would ask "When's the next book out?"

"Oh - this old thing? I've had it for years! Actually, I can't believe I bought it in July 2005 and now that seems so long ago! Burning the LWB's, eh? That's a GREAT idea! Waiter! Get Emeraldgirl anything she desires! The next book - well, my current publisher gave it a passive 'no,' and now I am waiting for Bill Greer - yes -THAT Greer- to design a deck for it so we can package them together. I'll bet Greer doesn't show up, either - he's a recluse at times and a grouchy old bear at other times. The book is finished - I'm just waiting for a deck."

Grigori

tarotbear said:
no one will be made to do anything they don't wish to do (unlike Al's dinner which made many people uncomfortable)

hehehe Well I doubt even Al could get me to do anything I don't want to. (Plus I really love mashed potatoes :p ) I just like to pretend other people forced me to do things, so I can keep my innocent reputation })

I have a second question though. Why don't you design your own deck TB? There is rather a lot of interest in cross stiched and embroidered tarot work lately, I think you could capitalize on the market! Or maybe you can even draw?

On second thoughts you could find a nice lady artist to do the actual work, and in 100 years we can all talk about how wonderful she was, and wonder how she ever put up with you ;)

sosuper

a large circular item walks in, whispering at the 3 ferrets to run around the wheel. the wheel gazes along the row of mingling guests, and spies the host. in a quite obnoxious voice, she says

"I'm not sure if you noticed, but I, supe, am the Wheel of Fortune. Having only one deck, I brought the LWB instead... Your belt is absolutely diviiiiiiiine, goes great with the kilt!"

tarotbear

similia said:
"Why don't you design your own deck TB? There is rather a lot of interest in cross stiched and embroidered tarot work lately, I think you could capitalize on the market! Or maybe you can even draw? On second thoughts you could find a nice lady artist to do the actual work, and in 100 years we can all talk about how wonderful she was, and wonder how she ever put up with you !"

"If Greer ever shows up with a deck and we become wealthy tarotists, everyone will be asking me how I ever put up with him! In spite of the fact that there is a 'Stickfigure Tarot' - I don't think you would want to see my drawing efforts ... but then I did design costumes - maybe I could design costumes and turn the costume renderings into tarot cards?"

tarotbear

sosuper said:
"I'm not sure if you noticed, but I, supe, am the Wheel of Fortune. Having only one deck, I brought the LWB instead... Your belt is absolutely diviiiiiiiine, goes great with the kilt!"

"supe- that is wonderful! What did you make the Wheel part out of? Fabulous! Oh - do you like the belt? I am trying to convince the man who makes them at huggzbears.com to make a chest harness to match. Welcome to Aeclectic!"

Free Flight

I would turn up and then start blushing. Oh TarotBear from your pics I am suprised clothes are obligatory, then I would cover my faux and say Oh yes I am the Star running around behind the scenes trying to find some Empress or Emperor with a spare layer of yarn

And I would bring my Quest and cast that into the hell fires