Do YOUR decks have personalities?

nisaba

I am conflicted about decks and personalities.

1) On the one hand, I relate completely differently to different decks, and they throw different kinds of readings (some of them flatly refuse to read - two of them are too hoity-toity for mere reading and will only be used tor serious inner-work meditations).

2) One the other hand, I'm perfectly well aware that they are merely muscle-powered cardboard Random Number Generators, with the awesome range of 78 numbers only to choose from, and any synchronicity or meaningful coincidence has to do with my own magical energy.

3) If either one of the above statements is true, it logically follows that the other one *must* be false.

4) In my direct experience, both the first two statements are true, notwithstanding the logical truth of the third statement.

5) All of the above are true.

6) No, really - ALL of the above ARE true!

(my head hurts)

oxys

nisaba said:
the Whispering Tarot, perhaps? And they'll need a chaperon to keep an eye on them - how about the kindly, motherly Granny Jones Australian deck?

A chaperon, of course! How could I forgot such thing. :D Maybe the chaperon needs a friend too, being the third wheel isn't fun. Then I'll be needing another chaperon to watch after the second pair.. *grin*

Yes, the tarot bug has bitten me.

Morwenna

nisaba said:
5) All of the above are true.

6) No, really - ALL of the above ARE true!

(my head hurts)

:D Of course! Well, magical energy is fed by your response to the artwork on said muscle-powered cardboard random number generators...

So ease up on your aching head and enjoy! :)

Wichasa

my decks

I love this thread! Really made me stop and think about How I relate to my decks.

The deck that gets the most use right this minute is the Golden Tarot. Took us a minute to figure out how to work together.. Definetly female. She feels like a phsychologist with a gloomy attitude... She is not soft spoken and very often with sly smile she tells me to figure it out on my own... Almost like she is saying; I gave you all the facts, learn to live with disappointment of figure it out and move on!

My Santa Fe deck doesn't speak the same language as the the rest of us...It keeps insisting that we need to go to New Mexico to see the Navajo, because it needs input, for whatever that's worth... I Have been thinking that a trip out there might be worth the effort.... I really like the imagery on this deck and before I can read it effectively I need more background on it. She really is wanting to talk to me.... We even tried mixing her with the Golden Tarot... We were hoping she would be able to pickup some tips.
The two decks work really well together...Fe is good at giving small details... Things the psychiatrist makes you figure out on your own....

The New Paladinin Deck is definitly male and will only be used for questions about men...He is currently on vacation somewhere with my son.... Don't know when he will be back... Paladini is my choice deck.. I look forward to seeing pictures when he gets back.:)

(sigh) the Sacred Path Oracle - This is my inspirational kick in the butt deck. I have a hard time describing it.... (I love this deck!) It is stand offish and demanding... I sometimes feel like it does not belong to me at all...It likes to stand off to the side and just watch. When it finally decides somebody needs to know something it demands to be read right now... Doesn't care what you are doing..

Truth be told.... Fe, Paladini, and the Gold all laid piled and mixed together on my table for three days....The all layered themselves one on top of the other... Wenchies Faeries decided to join the mix...Got really loud in my house....

The Oracle and the Faeries did get together once.... I heard alot of whispering....hmmmm.... The Oracle is not real fond of Faerie exploits...He dearly loves them but they drive him a little crazy... Wait!!!! Maybe he is my deck!

Jyscal

I believe that my Druidcraft has a truly magnetic personality. Whenever i feel the deck in my hands, i feel a wave of energy burst forth. It was a gift, so mabye this is still a lingering essence from the previous owner, but i strongly feel it may also be the connection the deck has with life, and the influences surrounding it. Whatever the case, whether im simply looking at the cards or doing a reading, the deck certainly awakens strong emotions.

Glass Owl

Wichasa said:
The New Paladinin Deck is definitly male and will only be used for questions about men...He is currently on vacation somewhere with my son.... Don't know when he will be back... Paladini is my choice deck.. I look forward to seeing pictures when he gets back.:)
I get the vibe that my New Palladini deck is male as well. It seems to enjoy mixing business with pleasure :)

Wichasa

New Paladini

I know what you mean... It keeps asking to get into a pile with the Faeries but I won't let it...:D