The Career Plant (job-related, 9 cards)

colorwalk

One of my clients wanted to know more about his current job, the future potential, where it was going to take him, and whether this was a path for him in the long run. Since I couldn't think of a suitable spread off the top of my head, I created one on the spot and it worked out great for the reading. I thought I'd share it with you all, in hopes that others might find a use for it too. :)

I call it "The Career Plant" and it uses 9 to 10 cards. The layout is as follows:

-----------Optional 10-----------
----------------9----------------
---------------7*8--------------
4---------------6---------------5
2---------------1---------------3

Meaning of Positions:

Card 1. The Root: the basis of which the plant is currently growing on, for depicting the current aspects of the job

Card 2. The Seed: what the plant has originally grown from, for depicting the past influences or aspects of the job

Card 3. The Earth: how the plant will grow, for depicting the near future aspects of the job

Card 4. Wilting Leaves: that which will not grow well, for the negative aspects of the job

Card 5. Flourishing Leaves: that which will grow well, for the positive aspects of the job

Card 6. The Stem: this is the querent, for depicting what his feelings will be like on/at/about the job. It represents his mood, views, and how the job will affect him personally.

Card 7. Further Growth: the potentials of this job, where it can/will take him and what possibilities can be in store for him at this job

Card 8. Mother Nature (crosses the 7th card): this signifies the influences that should be read in relation to the growth of the previous card- it can be for good or for bad. It is the environment, the influences, the assistance that often cannot be controlled.

Card 9. The Flower: this is the outcome and the destination of his path. It may also reveal whether his current job is suitable for him in the long run.

Card 10. Water: If you need more clarification on whether his current job will be something that factors into his long-term career, then this card should help reveal what wasn't said in the 9th card. It may also reveal what is a suitable career for him, if his current one isn't it.

That's it. :) If anyone decides to try it out, I would love to hear how it turned out for you!

sweet_intuition

I love this spread, I'm gonna try it and post it up on "Your Readings"... this is brilliant!

Love it!

:D

colorwalk

sweet_intuition said:
I love this spread, I'm gonna try it and post it up on "Your Readings"... this is brilliant!

Love it!
I'm so glad you like it! I will definitely be keeping an eye out for your reading... I hope it works out well for you. :)

WinterRose

Oh, I will DEFINITELY be trying this. I'm currently job-hunting, and have an interview tomorrow, so this will be useful to see how and if the interview will develop....