Original 1930 Marteau deck sold on fleabay

thinbuddha

I have a deck that very much resembles the deck in this auction. I actually had 2 at one point, but sold one of them. After a lot of research (mostly with input from people on this site) I determined that mine was NOT a 1930 edition, but was likely a slightly later edition.

I forget the details (they could be found by searching the threads, for anyone really interested) but on the original edition, there are a few cards that have details that were edited for subsequent editions. Also, there are some details about the way the copyright is printed on each card (or not, I really don't remember the details) that changed after the initial printing. I also seem to remember something about the box style not being correct (my box matches the box in the auction).

Bottom line, I'm not convinced that this auction was even for a 1930 edition. The description doesn't go into any of the tell-tale details that would determine it's authenticity as a first printing. There is no doubt that it is an early deck, but maybe not as early as the auction claims.

edit: this thread, for anyone interested:

http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=57491

Original printing should have 2 red coins instead of dice on the Bataleur...

DeToX

Thank you kindly for your observations. I had a feeling the Editions Dusserre wasn't quite right in terms of colours, if you what you say is true.