Doreen Virtue is putting out a Past Life Oracle

Chronata

I certainly don't think it's necessary to know your past life...but I know for some people they find it very helpful to understanding certain mysteries or aspects in their current lives.

Like some irrational fears that don't seem to have any cause or reason, or an obstacle, habit or block that affects their way of thinking. Some readings I have done have shined a light of understanding on some of these things.

Trying to uncover my own past lives has been...difficult at best.

MysticMoonlight

Gotta admit, I'm intrigued.

I'm so hesitant with DV decks because, well, a lot of her decks, as we all know, are pretty much Pete and Repeat. But I have to say I love her Goddess Guidance Oracle and use it constantly so, with that in mind, I know there is at least hope of her breaking out of her "rut" (my opinion) and producing a really intriguing deck that is fresh, new, and inspiring.

I've read Dr. Weiss' book 'Many Lives, Many Masters' and really enjoyed it. It was the first book on reincarnation I ever read so I have my fingers crossed and high hopes as the subject piques my interest for sure. I'm really interested to see how his involvement and influence in the deck turns out.

Melia

This deck has been on my radar for about 2 months now. With Brian Weiss involved, it may prove to be interesting.

I would like to see what some of the cards look like. The box looks interesting, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. I've never been too concerned about past lives - I mean the past is past, isn't it? :( Does learning about one's past lives help in living the present one? I'd be interested in hearing what you all think.

This is what I think. The past, whether recent or distant, is a part of us, and this is why we call it HIStory. Many of us often experience difficult/challenging life situations or unexplained fears/blocks connected to our past that seem to hold us back; so when we're feeling stuck, delving into the past can provide us with some answers and help us deal with life better. Some people go about this by accessing past lives with the help of others, via a regression therapist for example, or they do self-regression; while others have no/little choice in the matter - like me - and experience spontaneous memories. Card decks like this one and the one Chronata mentioned (the Phoenix Cards) is another way to seek guidance ... which is not really that much different to using other oracle cards, or tarot cards, for seeking general life advice.

Perhaps there is no current need for you to be concerned with past lives. In my experience though I've seen people who have issues which they never address, and it's sad as their poor choices/actions greatly impacts on the lives of others.

---

If anyone is interested in past lives in general, like wanting to know what happens when we die, the afterlife and life planning etc., I recommend Michael Newton's books: Journey of Souls (Case Studies of Life Between Lives) and the follow up book Destiny of Souls (New Case Studies of Life Between Lives). I read Newton's first book when it was released back in the early 90s. Years later, when I experienced my first memories, this validated for me what many of Newton's clients had spoken about in their sessions with him over the years. I have found Newton's books to be the most valuable of anything I've read on the subject, by far.

desertrat

Thank you Chronata and Melia for sharing your thoughts. Apparently this is something I've never thought much about. I had no idea some people actually have memories from past lives popping into their heads. I can see how that could be distressing and disorienting.

I hope some of the people who purchase this deck will post their experiences with it.

Lunajade

past life oracle cards

I am not interested in past lives, but i was curious about this deck. Found a video customer review on Amazon. The cards are just photo's with keywords like Asian, Egypt and Celtic. To be honest the only thing i liked are the backs...........

Thoughtful

l am interested in past lives as l do feel that a previous life can have an impact on the present. To that effect l had a past life reading with a renowned medium about four years ago. It explained quite a few areas in my life as to regard to my thought processes etc. l bring this up now because she brought up lives l had as a Knight Templar and also one as a Buddhist Monk as you will see below.

l was quite excited to have bought this Oracle to discover what else they might reveal to me.
They did not disappoint. l used the three card, past, present, future,

My first card for past was the Knighthood card, well that fitted in very well with the Knights Templar and what the medium had told me.

My second card for present was the Asia card, that also fitted in very well with the Buddhist Monk, it said l spent a life of community, sacrifice etc. but that l should now visit Asia to learn more about my souls previous journey.

My future card was Atlantis telling of a civilisation that had offered so much and in my memories l carry that feeling of utopia wishing that it could be like that again in this world. Looks like l will have to keep praying as others do that we can achieve peace and unity on this beautiful earth for future generations. This card also speaks about fear of water as my soul remembers how Atlantis ended. This is so relevant to me as l do have a fear of water and drowning, l never learned to swim and you would not get me on a boat/ship! But having found where this fear comes from l can hopefully work on this.

A friend was quite impressed with this and asked if she could have a card to find out why she has fears about flying and going out.
The card she pulled was Imprisonment or Slavery showing that she went through this but her soul is trying to tell her she is free now. It mentions feeling claustrophobic in confined small spaces such as airplanes.

The cards are amazingly accurate, they are not all about worries and fears, they can pin point why you are stuck in this life with regard work, relationships or blocks, you get some helpful advice to move you on so you are not just reading what past life you had.

All in all a very big :thumbsup:

reall

I just checked video rev, and must say I luv design! so happy they finally improving it!^^XD
even im not to much interested in past lifes (mostly becouse as someone mentioned it before) im tempted to order this deck and give it a chance because feeling i got!^^
realistic img like from old photos/times and darkish shades give it mysterious freaky look!^^
and like they opted for no to much text on card so i think they could be used as oracles in general?!^^ ;)))) thank you dr Weiss!^^XD

Marirowana

This is one of the first decks from Doreen Virtue that I like! :) I just watched a video review as well, and must say I'm intrigued.

But...
I don't think I'll buy it though, because... Don't you know enough after one or two readings? How many past lifes can you have? Hundred? Thousands? You can just keep reading until you had them all? How does it tell you anything?

I guess I'll wait until I run into someone who would offer me a reading with this deck :)

GotH

I just purchased this deck the other day and now I'm just noticing this thread. :)

So I opened the package and did the usual bonding with the cards routine before I tried them out for myself today. I asked "What happened in a past life that is effecting something in my life now?" The card that I drew didn't feel it was about something from a past life but more of a solid solution to what is happening in my life now. The deck worked as a regular advising oracle deck for me on the first run. I truly expected to get images that would require piecing together to make sense of things but no, it took me straight to the solution of my concern. I'm not quite certain how or even if it will tell me about past life situations (how could we possibly know unless we get regressed) but I'm looking fwd to doing more readings with this deck in the future to see where it takes me.

I thought I would add that I definitely think a good set of intuitive skills will be needed for one to truly work well with this deck.

reall

This is one of the first decks from Doreen Virtue that I like! :) I just watched a video review as well, and must say I'm intrigued.

But...
I don't think I'll buy it though, because... Don't you know enough after one or two readings? How many past lifes can you have? Hundred? Thousands? You can just keep reading until you had them all? How does it tell you anything?

I guess I'll wait until I run into someone who would offer me a reading with this deck :)

thats my point to!^^ ;))) if past life thing is true then we all had experienced all possible?;)))
so card may just point out what may be present issue?^^ ;))))