Why don't more professional readers use Lenormand?

ThtDancerGuy

Just as the title asks: why don't more professional readers use Lenormand when they do readings for clients? Has anyone ever gone to see a psychic who did use Lenormand cards in readings? I would love to hear your stories. :)

Darkmage

It's only really taken off here in the US over the last couple of years. Everyone knows Tarot. Lenormand gets a 'Dafuq? Sounds interesting, though,' from most people.

It'd be nice if more people used Lenormand, though that's changing. I'd also like to see more people use the Zigeuner cards, but those are obscure and pretty much only readily available in the US if you order them from places like Ebay and BD that have a lot of international sellers.

Le Fanu

Just as the title asks: why don't more professional readers use Lenormand when they do readings for clients?
How do you know they don't?

I asume you're talking about California (?) or America in general?

They've been used for years in Brazil and also by a lot of Brazilian readers in other European countires. I guess In Germany, Holland, France, Belgium they've used quite a bit as well.

gregory

I don't know that they don't. If I see a sign saying "Tarot Readings" - I wouldn't expect that. If I want a tarot reading - that's what I want.

But I have seen signs that say "CARD readings". If I ever went to such places, that is the sign I would folow up if I wanted a Lenormand reading. There are certainly professional Lennie readers in Brazil, as Leffy says - it's a matter of tradition as much as anything, I think. Don't forget that the US came into tarot rather later than many European countries, too. TAROT readings were a surprise to many there, when I first got interested. But Kaplan changed all that !

WolfyJames

The Lenormand is really popular in Europe so they've been used professionally for quite a while. It seems to be popular in Russia too. Personally I think it's because many of the materials written either in French or German were not available in English up until recently. I don't know about Quebec since I've only been read twice by professionals, one was using cartomancy and the other tarot. Unlike some I have no issue reading myself so I've never looked for a professional reader for readings, but here we have access to all things French from Europe and France, from decks to books on many oracles, like the Lenormand. I bought a few times Tarot de Marseilles decks to members here and on another forums because they were not capable to get them otherwise, when it's just as simple to go to the bookstore here for me. I've seen here a few times Petit Lenormand decks (the one by Carta Mundi with french poems) in dépanneurs.

Sandalwood

In the Netherlands there are quite a few Lenormand readers you can go to. There's also quite a few online Lenormand readers to order a reading from.

Janis

It's only really taken off here in the US over the last couple of years. Everyone knows Tarot. Lenormand gets a 'Dafuq? Sounds interesting, though,' from most people.

It'd be nice if more people used Lenormand, though that's changing. I'd also like to see more people use the Zigeuner cards, but those are obscure and pretty much only readily available in the US if you order them from places like Ebay and BD that have a lot of international sellers.

Thats not true, in europe the lenormand cards are quite popular.
also the zigeuner cards are easy to buy in simple bookstores

Darkmage

That may be true in *Europe,* but it's nowhere near the truth in the US.

The OP is American and that explains the question.

conurelover

I asked two tarot readers if they use Lenormand....here in the US..., and they said, "what? Len-what?"