Why don't more professional readers use Lenormand?

Teheuti

Lenormand is becoming popular among some Tarot readers but it is hardly known by the general public. I predict it will become better known over the next few years and that more readers are going to be integrating a greater variety of cartomancy/oracle decks into their readings.

MagsStardustBlack

In Scotland I have never heard of lenormand readers, only tarot or Oracle readers. So if there are lenormand readers they are rare or not widely heard of.

HighPriestess

I'm just learning how to use Lenormand and I'm finding it difficult because it's a much stricter way of reading IMHO, whereas when I use tarot, I usually read the cards intuitively. I also find that the Lenormand seems to deal with more practical matters, and I think tarot is more popular in North America because most people see it as dealing with "higher" spiritual concerns.

Teheuti

I think tarot is more popular in North America because most people see it as dealing with "higher" spiritual concerns.
Most people didn't even know they had a choice. Those who "happened" upon the US Games edition had little guidance for how to use the deck effectively. Others who tried using the wierd step-sibling known as the Gypsy Witch deck found it negative and off-putting. It really helps to see a practiced reader in action to understand what the Lenormand deck is capable of and how it really works. Even today, not a lot of people have the perseverance and patience to learn the system as it was meant to be.

ThtDancerGuy

I'm just learning how to use Lenormand and I'm finding it difficult because it's a much stricter way of reading IMHO, whereas when I use tarot, I usually read the cards intuitively. I also find that the Lenormand seems to deal with more practical matters, and I think tarot is more popular in North America because most people see it as dealing with "higher" spiritual concerns.

While tarot is more intuitive in the process of reading the actual cards, Lenormand utilizes intuition in the reading between the cards as opposed to the actual individual cards themselves. I use my intuition to read the combinations and how a card will interact with another; for instance, one reading I intuitively felt that Anchor + Ring meant marriage, and so I relayed this to my sitter and lo and behold, it was true. Ever since then, that has been the marriage combination for me.

Sar

Never meet one Lenormand reader in Norway, but plenty Tarot and ordinary playing cards and coffee/tea leafs readers.

karlwb

Keep in mind that divination in any form isn't exactly mainstream. In some communities it may be easier to find a hitman on your spouse than it is to find a Tarot (or LeNormand) reader. I found out about LeNormand on this site, browsing at card decks. I was attracted to the imagery. For now my tarot studies are somewhat on hold as I work on LeNormand. I do limited readings at this time but any takers are generally open to LeNormand and Tarot as long as one is competent at it. I suppose people would have bones or sheep guts read if it suited them.

gregory

Most people didn't even know they had a choice. Those who "happened" upon the US Games edition had little guidance for how to use the deck effectively. Others who tried using the wierd step-sibling known as the Gypsy Witch deck found it negative and off-putting. It really helps to see a practiced reader in action to understand what the Lenormand deck is capable of and how it really works.
This is true. I wasn't even that interested, really (there is so much in Tarot and I have limited time, at my age :D) till I saw Teheuti herself doing a Grand Tableau, with explanations, in a pub...

wander

Never meet one Lenormand reader in Norway, but plenty Tarot and ordinary playing cards and coffee/tea leafs readers.

I know of one proffesional Lenormand reader in Norway. :)

Ripples of Faith

Hello,

Yes, I had a reading at a local psychic fair about six months ago, and at the end the reader used Lenormand. He used a lot of cards (a few too many if you ask me), however, his messages were great. At the end of the reading he gave me a free crystal and also pulled a few cards from Lenormand. Great experience and the second deck kind of reconfirmed the regular tarot deck. Loved it!

I have a few readings in my shop where I combine regular tarot with other decks. I find that it gives you a bit more meat on the bone - you have the traditional tarot as the main meal, but you get added bonus messages from the second deck. Amazing how it works!

Not sure why Lenormand isn't used that much by professionals. Personally I prefer larger decks...that could be one reason?

Love and Light to you!