Lodolite and Tourmaline Pendant

Padma

I found this pendant online: https://www.etsy.com/listing/486609893/mystical-lodolite-tourmaline-necklace.

It's made of tourmaline and lodolite. I am familiar with tourmaline but I have never heard of lodolite. Can anyone tell me about this stone and it's properties?

oh, lodolite is amazing stuff! Firstly, it can act as a magnifying glass, literally, which is cool in and of itself, and means that it also has that property metaphysically - allowing you to "see close up".

It also purportedly gives an ability to focus on details, and enhances inner growth. Just type "metaphysical meaning of lodolite" in your google search bar, you'll find a lot of info that way :)

Labhraín

oh, lodolite is amazing stuff! Firstly, it can act as a magnifying glass, literally, which is cool in and of itself, and means that it also has that property metaphysically - allowing you to "see close up".

It also purportedly gives an ability to focus on details, and enhances inner growth. Just type "metaphysical meaning of lodolite" in your google search bar, you'll find a lot of info that way :)

Okay, that's a good idea. I'll do some web searching to see what else I can find. I was looking for a worry stone pendant when I came across this one. It has a sort of witchy look to it that I like too!

Padma

Okay, that's a good idea. I'll do some web searching to see what else I can find. I was looking for a worry stone pendant when I came across this one. It has a sort of witchy look to it that I like too!

I certainly think it would be a soothing stone to wear!

Redfaery

I believe Lodolite is a trade name for crystalline quartz with especially pretty inclusions. I have a few pieces I bought online that I just love.

Tigerangel

I have 2 pieces of Lodolite and use it in shamanic work, it's also more popular names include being called Garden quartz, scenic quartz and landscape quartz and as others have said it's basically quartz with inclusions one of my pieces is also rutilated.

P.s I also believe that the name Lodolite and it's various spellings is a Greek word meaning muddy stone and is not a mineral name.

Starshower

Strangely-worded ad. It lists all the good things this pendant is 'for' ... but then adds 'negativity, worry & fear' too! :bugeyed:
This is a new one on me, so I look forward to seeking one out now. It looks very interesting & pretty. :)

linnie

I have one fairly chunky short piece of faceted Shaman Quartz, aka Lodelite, with green (chlorite) and puece-mauve (magnesite???) inclusions which follow through the quartz as passageways or chasms. It was sold to me as a useful stone for Journeying, and I honestly can get lost in that place... definitely good for meditation with a desire to connect spiritually with other planes etc

The Tourmaline is a good counterpoint to the Lodelite, as many use it as a protective and grounding stone.

I love Lodelite!!! Really pretty stuff and an interesting energy :D