Dumortierite

EmpyreanKnight

I'm very curious about this stone. It seems that it is very seldomly discussed here so I created a thread for it.

What do you think about dumortierite? Are there any members here who possess one? How do you work with it? How do you cleanse or charge it? It's not pastel like amethyst or flourite so I think it's not averse to sunlight, though I won't take the chance just yet.

My dumortierite stones have an absolutely lovely, opaque, one-of-a-kind, deep bluish-violet color that I find so attractive. I feel so attuned to it! It's also been tagged as ideal for those working in astrology and Tarot, and since it answers to the Third Eye Chakra it's really no surprise. I've been using mine whenever I read, and assigned it as the companion for my Rider Waite deck, which I'm currently studying deeply right now. And with a Moh's scale of 7.0 to 8.5, it is a very hardy and resilient crystal.

Padma

I gave one to my husband to protect him when he is in dangerous work situations. He won't go anywhere without it! It is said to protect one from one's enemies.

You can cleanse and charge it just as you would any other crystal. It does not seem to be affected by light.

EmpyreanKnight

I gave one to my husband to protect him when he is in dangerous work situations. He won't go anywhere without it! It is said to protect one from one's enemies.

You can cleanse and charge it just as you would any other crystal. It does not seem to be affected by light.

Thanks for the info about the sunlight cleansing, Padma. I knew dumortierite is used for other things like instilling discipline and patience, receiving knowledge from the divine, etc but to know that it is also highly protective is a good bonus! :)

Beancrew49

I use it in meditation on my third eye. It's hard to describe, but my thoughts feel kind of sharper and clearer. I can see how it would be great to use while studying something new.

EmpyreanKnight

I use it in meditation on my third eye. It's hard to describe, but my thoughts feel kind of sharper and clearer. I can see how it would be great to use while studying something new.

Thanks Beancrew49! I noticed that too - whenever I put it on before I perform a reading, my mind gets so much more focused.