How do you store your cards?

Dogs&Coffee

In their boxes or in cloth tarot bags... or their boxes in a bag... I've got the ones I'm working with in an extra purse I cleaned out for this purpose, along with their reference books, and the ones I'm not working with are on the bookshelf, night stand, coffee table, some in my art studio, some in the office at my shop... all over the place really. I'm working on migrating everything home though as I prepare to sell the store.

Tanga

That's a LOT of decks! I only have a couple!

:)
Quite a few of us on here have a collection in this number/range.
Some collections are much bigger - a few even have a whole library - literally.
And some people - just have a couple of decks and stick to the use of one. :)
(*cute canine friend there :) ).

How do you ever find one when you're looking for it?
Do you memorize which color they're in, or have to open every bag?

Yes - I tend to remember from the bag pattern mostly. Lol.
e.g. - the bag which has a sun and moon embroidered on it - holds the Sun and Moon Tarot.
The bag with the skeletons and ghosts on it - holds The Tarot of The Night,
The bag with black sky and clouds - holds the Fallen Angels oracle
and etc.

I also keep the little white book tucked just on the inside of the bag, so if I have forgotten, I just peek at that.
Some Tarot enthusiasts put little clutie labels on each of their decks - which I thought was cute (y'know - like price tags). I may do that eventually if I can no longer remember.

Barleywine

I prefer unpainted wooden boxes from Michael's in various sizes from single deck to multiple decks, along with a miscellany of tin boxes. Keeping track of what's in them can be difficult. In some cases I've scanned the info card from a deck, printed it on a sticky label, and stuck it on the box lid. I think I've posted this picture before.

Attachments

• DSCN1193.jpg
    DSCN1193.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 159

Nemia

I have a simple store thing - five plastic drawers, until I find something nicer. And every deck has its bag that I make myself, mostly nowadays crochet.

Moonpaw

I keep my personal go-to deck in a lovely wooden box--that's my favorite way to store decks; sadly, they take up a lot of space so I only have the one--but my working deck I keep either in its original tin or in a drawstring bag (or both!) depending on where I'm at and how protected they need to be. I like the tin just fine at home, but when I'm out and about having the bag around it helps me feel better as I know my cards won't go everywhere should the lid on the tin pop open.

The rest of my collection stay in their original cardboard boxes as I don't read with most of them on a regular basis.

think

Mostly in their original boxes, in one storage box in a kind of chest in my living room. I have tarot books and other things in their too, a crystal ball on top and some other random paraphernalia.

Saskia

I mostly use an app, so it's always on my phone. My RWS deck is unceremoniously tucked in a nightstand drawer. I don't think cards are entities that require any special caretaking.

SilverFirePrime

Wrapped in a fabric quarter in either a silk bag, or a box - along with a 20 sided die I use for cleansing the deck.

I tried original packaging for a while, but I noticed that my decks respond better when they're stored in anything but that.

allifai

When you don't actually have your cards out for use, where do you keep them? I see many "tarot boxes" on Amazon and eBay, and many bags, etc. Most of the stores in my area which sell tarot cards also sell these same sort of items, of varying quality.

I am drawn to some sort of nice wooden box, but the ones I've seen have not always been so wonderful in terms of workmanship (although the designs are often attractive), so at present, I'm keeping my cards in their original cardboard boxes, and being very careful.

I am a fan of wooden boxes; I like the energy, though I always wrap my cards in a piece of natural fabric, like cotton or silk, beforehand. Having space to put some salt, herbs, and crystals is a bonus :) I have a nice old box that I bought at a garage sale. It's spacious and has a mirror in the lid. Maybe you could try some estate sales, garage sales, or flea markets to get a sturdy old box with some character that you can clean out and make your own. It will require a little bit more effort than a few clicks on Amazon, but I think that the extra effort might do the trick :) Failing that I think a wooden bed stand drawer would do just fine, maybe a nice little cloth to line it :)