Tarot Mucha

Viridian

I can't stop looking at this deck! I was expecting to like it but like Le Fanu said above it sort of keeps demanding my attention.

My deck had a couple of damaged cards. I ordered it from the Book Depository so I know they would be very kind and help because they have in the past when I got a book that was printed upside down!

The ten of swords was creased before it was laminated in some sort of mishap. The Queen of Pentacles already has a chipped/ peeling corner just from shuffling a few times which makes me think it was already damaged.

The funny thing is I don't think I mind. Normally I wouldn't like this but in this case it seems like buying a used car with a few dings. You can use it without worrying about damaging it since it's already flawed.

Favorite cards from this deck are - three of swords, the devil, six of cups, the fool, two of pentacles and the star.

Least favorite - the moon (no wolf or dog!?...or even a crawfish?).

Overall though I really love it! I might need to order an undamaged copy at some point.

negat0ry

I bought my copy from Barnes & Noble last week (everywhere else I checked was out of stock). My deck was missing the 3, 4, and 5 of Pentacles, the 10 of Wands had a crease and tear, and a number of cards were printed off-center. They are sending me a replacement deck, but it'll be a few more days before I get it. After reading about the mishaps a few members have had with this, I worry I'll have to "cobble together the best cards from both decks" as Sztar said, so I'm waiting to return the old deck until I see the replacement.

It seems a lot of trouble to go to, but it is a really pretty deck...

Madrigal

My deck had no damaged cards and other than the missing Two of Wands there were no issues. It's a lovely deck! One of the best Three of Swords I've seen.

Le Fanu

I have a 2nd copy of this which I ordered by mistake and thought I'd keep as a back up or trading fodder but now I'm beginning to think I really need to open it!

EarthAngel2911

Wow... and I thought I had just gotten an "off" deck! This is the first I've heard of an LS deck having such a widespread printing issue.

My Four of Wands had a notch ripped from the top middle of the card; it was a very odd defect. Llewellyn replaced the card for me, of course.

But I did also notice that a few of the cards have a very rough finish you can see when the light hits it just right. It doesn't really bother me, so I didn't ask for the whole deck to be replaced. (And reading this thread, it sounds like it wouldn't have made much of a difference. [emoji4] ) But if I ever hear of them reprinting with better results, I may pick up another copy then.

Sztar

OK, good. I have to say I'm glad it really was a mass printing problem and not just me! It's such a beautiful deck, but I was like, "WTH, universe?? Are you trying to tell me something? ?" I guess it just goes to show that not everything is a sign or portent--sometimes it's just a lousy print run! :)

Sztar

Then again... How did the manufacturer/print shop not notice before packaging and shipping all of these? Very strange to see a quality control breakdown on what appears to be such a large scale.

magicjack

Well my copy has a major printing problem. The backs of the first 39 cards are a totally different color. Looks like a color was left out or something. The first 39 are faded brownish color and the next 39 are more golden color. I hadn't really noticed at first because I was spending all my time looking at the front of the cards. Not sure if I should go through book depository or LS about this mess. Check your backs.

Le Fanu

Just idly bumping this thread because I have been using it for readings the last few days and I took it out with me today and was looking closely at the cards and I just love it more and more.

I honestly think that this is the best conventionally / traditional RWS deck EVER printed by LoS. It is so effortlessly RWS and many of the details and the symbols are there if you look closely. It handles beautifully. I think they needed a rich and beautiful RWS deck in their catalogue and this is so much more captivating than the de Angelis Universal which is their big RWS seller. The Mucha Tarot runs rings round that deck for me. I love the sepia / beige backgrounds and the embellished frames. Everything about it is spellbinding - even the box and backs. It reads beautifully for me.

Anyone on the fence who likes decorative and romantic decks, this is for you. There are a couple of "off" Court faces on the Kings but other than that I really like most cards. I think this is perhaps LoS' easiest decks to read. I don't always want that but I can tell by the way I am using this deck increasingly, going back to it, looking closer at it, that it is going to be a long term favourite.

magicjack

I have been working with this deck since I got it and I have to agree with you. I don't know how to explain it but the RWS feeling comes through when reading with it and at the same time I feel its not a clone deck. (Let me try this again) It reads like a RWS but it also stands on its own. If you like RWS, this is a new take on it and done very well.