Construction Paper Tarot

garmonbozia

Has anyone else seen this Kickstarter Campaign?
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/johnwithee/construction-paper-tarot-0?ref=users

I really like this deck and hopes it gets funded. Anyone else?

I like that it appears that the images will be borderless and possibly also untitled from what it looks like. I really like that I focus more on just the shapes of the objects in the RWS rather than on line details. Some things that I don't often pay attention to seem to get more attention.

Magunda89

I don't generally love any classic RWS decks, but this one is seriously catching my eye! I love the lack of certain details, like faces, and the construction paper colors! It's beautiful!

Nemia

This is really beautiful! What I pity I don't have the money to back it - I love it. Lovely color choices.

garmonbozia

I don't generally love any classic RWS decks, but this one is seriously catching my eye! I love the lack of certain details, like faces, and the construction paper colors! It's beautiful!

I agree. I am sort of new to RWS imagery (having come to Tarot through the TdM), but this one really grabs me.

The first campaign did not get funded, which I was bummed about, so I am glad he is giving it another go! *fingers crossed*

SixDegrees

It kind of reminds me of the International Icon Tarot.

avalonian

I've just backed it, I hope it makes it this time. There's a lovely softness to the images and the colours. Have to agree that it is very much like the International Icon, but it feels slightly more "dreamy".

:) :) :)

Barleywine

When I saw "construction paper" I thought the images might have a bit of "South Park" ambiance to them. A few of them do - just slightly - but mostly they're handled with sensitivity. Not one I would back or buy, but it's an original approach for sure.

jalaire

Wow! This is a really interesting deck. There was a lot of work put into that deck! I can't imagine cutting all that paper

truelighth

Thanks for bringing this one to my attention. I really like it. The artist put in a lot of work and I think it looks really cool. I am backing this one!