Construction Paper Tarot

garmonbozia

woohoo! I get one!

Those still on the fence are running out of time.

This project will be funded on Fri, Apr 3 2015 4:03 PM EDT.

staticfuzz

Ahhhh I came in here to celebrate!!! I saw that it was funded and I was like YES! I still haven't funded it--I was planning to on Monday if it still hadn't reached its goal, but now I'm thinking of just doing it based on how great I feel knowing it's funded. I really really shouldn't but I'm sure Mr. Fuzz will understand...and I've already forgiven myself preemptively ;)

truelighth

I am also so very glad it was fully funded! Yah! Looking forward to getting my copy. I really like this one.

garmonbozia

Last Chance

Only 16 hours left for those who are still on the fence.....

I'm a little shocked this only has 62 backers....

I messages John a few days back and learned that this deck will have a box. :)

staticfuzz

I just got my deck in the mail! Exciting :) I really like the cardstock it's on, thinner than many self-published decks. I know some people like the thicker cardstock but for me it's a drawback since I like to riffle shuffle. And I have no problem doing that with this deck. Also the construction paper cutouts are amazing and I love the way it looks in person. Haven't done a reading yet but I have shuffled and played with the cards a bit.

I noticed though that the printing seemed to be off.. for instance, on the Strength card, part the leminiscate (infinity symbol) is missing; it was cut off. That's probably the most jarring instance, although there are several cards where the images doesn't seem centered or are partially cut off. I was wondering if everyone's decks are like this? If so, it's not a huge deal to me and I will still use (and love) my deck, but if other people's Strength symbols are intact (for instance) then I would probably contact the creator and/or printer and ask about it. Thanks for any input on this :)

feynrir

[...] I noticed though that the printing seemed to be off.. for instance, on the Strength card, part the leminiscate (infinity symbol) is missing; it was cut off. That's probably the most jarring instance, although there are several cards where the images doesn't seem centered or are partially cut off. I was wondering if everyone's decks are like this? If so, it's not a huge deal to me and I will still use (and love) my deck, but if other people's Strength symbols are intact (for instance) then I would probably contact the creator and/or printer and ask about it. Thanks for any input on this :)
I just got my own copy today!! :) Can't agree more about the cardstock being just perfect for riffle-shuffling!

I just checked my own Strength card, and the lemniscate is intact BUT running just along the edge. Nearly cut off, sure, but it's intact all the same. I hope yours isn't more off than that!

Many of the cards are more immediate, close-up, than Pixie's work. And due to the nature of the medium (cutting freehand with scissors!), many of the figures are slightly altered from their more recognizable positions. For examples, the Queen of Cups appearing more upright, Justice sitting/leaning slightly off center, the Queen of Wands appearing MUCH closer...etc. (I find these touches charming and in many cases, adding a interesting sense of movement.) So I just wonder if perhaps the artwork itself is influencing how your cards might seem to be printed off-center? Maybe?

gregory

I suspect gamecrafter's printing process myself (I haven't got mine yet, mind.)

truelighth

If the deck was printed by the Game Crafter, it very well can be the printing process. Also, it depends on how the images were formatted when delived to the Game Crafter. If you have not centered them properly according to their specifications, things can be off-center. I wonder if the artist had a proof print printed first or had them all printed in one go without first having a proof print done.

With my own tarot that I had printed with them, even though I tried really had to have them centered just right, they were still differences between different cards. And the colours sometimes can also vary. Just my 2 cents of having experience with Game Crafter prints.

staticfuzz

I just checked my own Strength card, and the lemniscate is intact BUT running just along the edge. Nearly cut off, sure, but it's intact all the same. I hope yours isn't more off than that!

Many of the cards are more immediate, close-up, than Pixie's work. And due to the nature of the medium (cutting freehand with scissors!), many of the figures are slightly altered from their more recognizable positions. For examples, the Queen of Cups appearing more upright, Justice sitting/leaning slightly off center, the Queen of Wands appearing MUCH closer...etc. (I find these touches charming and in many cases, adding a interesting sense of movement.) So I just wonder if perhaps the artwork itself is influencing how your cards might seem to be printed off-center? Maybe?

Well, here's my Strength card: [link]
Is that what yours looks like? It doesn't quite seem intact to me. And considering it's a leminscate, of all things, it just really bugs me.

Here's another one that bothers me: [The Magician]
His left hand is cut off, the one pointing to the ground. That hand always felt important to me. I don't mind when it's someone's hair (like in 10 of Cups) or when it's on purpose (like the Knight of Wands) but the Magician's hand? It's still usable, and actually alters the meaning of the card to me from other decks, which could be a plus.

Tippyjane

Well, here's my Strength card: [link]
Is that what yours looks like? It doesn't quite seem intact to me. And considering it's a leminscate, of all things, it just really bugs me.

Here's another one that bothers me: [The Magician]
His left hand is cut off, the one pointing to the ground. That hand always felt important to me. I don't mind when it's someone's hair (like in 10 of Cups) or when it's on purpose (like the Knight of Wands) but the Magician's hand? It's still usable, and actually alters the meaning of the card to me from other decks, which could be a plus.

My Strength and Magician cards look just like yours. I'm trying to view the off-balance print as part of the deck's handmade charm...or maybe a sign that I need to embrace imperfection.