Which deck is featured in this Forbes article?

Madrigal

It's the Holy Light Tarot and still available on CPT's site. A guidebook is in the works but if you've got the app then you've got access to the extensive and erudite commentary on each card. I use it as a sourcebook to expand upon my understanding of the cards generally no matter what deck I'm using. And yes, the cards are gorgeous!

Nemia

I have the cards but don't want the app - I'm still waiting for the book and hope she will really write it! I trimmed the deck (using the back motif as orientation since majors and minors are differently sized), which makes it look even better. It's a spectacular and fascinating deck, but even though I have some very good illustrated books about alchemy (I recognize some of the illustrations for the deck...), I feel that without the book, the deck is very difficult to use...

Madrigal

I have the cards but don't want the app - I'm still waiting for the book and hope she will really write it! I trimmed the deck (using the back motif as orientation since majors and minors are differently sized), which makes it look even better. It's a spectacular and fascinating deck, but even though I have some very good illustrated books about alchemy (I recognize some of the illustrations for the deck...), I feel that without the book, the deck is very difficult to use...

Nemia, I'd love to see pics of this deck trimmed if you have a few to share :D

I agree that it's almost impossible to use this deck without the book and that's where the app comes in. The app is only $4 but you get the full book with it :thumbsup:

Nemia

My smartphone is not compatible with the app, and I don't have an ipad. Is it possible to use it on any other device?

What a pity. If the whole book is in the app, then probably she won't publish it as book. Had I known this before, I wouldn't have ordered it. She promised a book.

Sorry if I sound like a five year old but that's how I feel right now. *stamps foot*

I'll take pictures of the trimmed cards.

Madrigal

Nemia, AFAIK she's definitely working on the book. I corresponded with her in late November and she indicated it was almost ready to go the press though there were still tangles to work out.

Nemia

That sounds good - because I really like the deck. I'll color the borders in silver now to celebrate these news!

Christine

Book is available!

Hello friends, very nice to hear your kind comments about Tarot of the Holy Light!

If you go to www.tarotuniversity.com you will be at the sales page for both the deck and the book. The deck is at the top of the page, but if you scroll down you'll see the information about how to buy the book as well.

For those who are in the US and Canada, I'll ask please that you buy it from us. But it is also listed with Amazon around the globe, so for those who will have to pay overseas shipping to order from us, we understand if you order through your own local Amazon.com instead. The book is a print-on-demand deal (not the cards), but we make a bit more for our labors if you order through us.

By the way, the book has even more extensive descriptions for every card than even the app. The remarks in the app are strictly divinatory, keyed to the visible features printed on the cards. In the book, however, I unpack the connections with the astro-alchemy (based on the Essential Dignities) and tie it all in with the Shem Angels. So it's a much more powerful and magical tool than even what shows on the surface!

I would also suggest you go over to www.tarotarkletters.com and read the remarks I posted at NewMoon, when I made my formal announcement that the book is out. I reproduced several of the illustrations and gave some context for what we are trying to do with the book/deck combination. There is yet one more book to come out that will unpack the historical precedents, detailing even more keenly the magical and theological context that backs of the decisions we made in the Tarot of the Holy Light. I'm hoping that by shining more light on the fundamentals of Renaissance Magic, we can come to the Tarot with a better appreciation of the potential the designers saw in the pack.

cpt